Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2006, 04:41 PM   #1
Simon
Established Member

M.O.C. #2897
Send a message via AIM to Simon
washer draining into black tank

We just purchased a washer/dryer for our 3400RL and are finding that the water drains into our black tank. We spoke to a Montana owner parked near us and they said theirs empties into the grey tank. Anyone have any problems with their washer draining into the black tank? We just bought the stackable whirlpool washer and dryer that fit into the closet near entrance door. These wash and dry a pretty good size load.

Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 05:05 PM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
And our 3400, built April 24th 06 does not drain into either tank a seperate pipe goes from the W/D closet to just behind the dump gate.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 05:39 PM   #3
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
I don't have a washer/dryer but know that it drains to my black tank. Checked the line when the trailer was new. Think that they set it up this way as it was the closest place to tie into. From what I hear about the '06s they have changed the design on the w/d drain. Make sure you are open when running the washer. The positive side is that it makes for better flushing on the black tank.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 03:47 AM   #4
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Ours drains into the black tank and it has never been a problem. I do keep a sign on the washer to make sure the handle is open before using. I think it makes for a nice cleaning of the tank. At least our senser light seems to work good.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 04:50 AM   #5
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I agree on the black tank drain being the best way to keep your black tank and sensors "clean". I'm sure that was the original thought of the engineers. However, if someone doesn't use the "sign method", like you do Helen, it will also create the worst possible "RV disasters". Angry, forgetful, campers probably started making way too many calls to Keystone, prompting the recent change. Just my guess.

I thought ALL RVers were supposed to be above average intelligence???
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote