Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
Chilled

Feeling a cold wind so heading for a warmer place. Thanks for the hospitality.

MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
?????????????????? Explanation please!!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:38 PM   #3
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
The whole north is cold , is winter here, if so i am going back to fl ..sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:44 PM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Box some up and send it my way, please.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM   #5
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
We'll take some too. PLEASE!
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:36 PM   #6
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Tammy-- You can't be cold yet!!! It's only July!! We need some of the cool weather here too but you can keep the storms that normally come with the cool/hot line down here in nebrASKA! Good to hear from you again Tammy!!
Hey, after thought, maybe the cool/cold weather will kill off some of those B-52 size mosquitos we have! I think you sent them down to us Tammy just to get rid of them up there!
Old 07-07-2009, 06:45 PM   #7
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Rondo, it's even too hot for the mosquitos. We were at 85 yesterday and just as hot today. No breeze to speak of. Ugh. I think my office hit 100 today. Inside. I know 85 isn't hot (especially since I'm from south Georgia), but it's hotter than I want! A breeze would be a blessing! I'd take those mosquitos right now because if we had them back, they could fly by and create a breeze!

I can't wait for the dead of winter!!! Oh, how I love 40 below.

Hee Hee!
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:19 AM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sailer

The whole north is cold , is winter here, if so i am going back to fl ..sailer
WHY!!!! Been here in Florida a week and the temps are Hi 80s, low 90s and plenty of 82% plus HUMIDITY. We rarely come out of the air conditioned trailer and when we do we get in the air conditioned truck and head for a air conditioned store or restaurant.

here is today's forecast..
Today: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 88. Heat index values as high as 98. West southwest wind between 11 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Take note of the HEAT INDEX.
This is pretty much the same forecast for the next 7 days and has been the same forecast since we arrived.

BTW-I don't believe MacDR50 was referring to the weather
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:56 AM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The weather is perfect here in Northern, Ohio. 70's low 80's. low humidity, little rain. We are gettting a lot of outside time in.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:13 AM   #10
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Glenn-- I don't think he was either! That's why the ???????? Any ideas? You can PM or email me!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:49 AM   #11
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
It was a comment he had made in an earlier post. He seemed to be very unhappy about something or someone here on the MOC.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:37 AM   #12
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Guess I missed that comment! I'll have to go back through the threads and see if I can find it. Sorry to hear about that! From the picture of them, they are a younger couple and that's what we need. Just having us retirees in the group does not always keep the ideas flowing and new ideas coming in! If you know what I mean!
Old 07-09-2009, 03:01 AM   #13
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I know I saw it within the past 30 days. I looked at every post that he made in the past 30 days and could not find it. The only thing I can think of is that it was deleted for whatever reason.

BTW-Take note that he has not made a post since he started this "Chilled" post.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:12 AM   #14
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
What a shame. We had the pleasure of meeting Roger and Bea while we were in Newfoundland last year. You couldn't ask for a nicer couple. Roger is a super intelligent guy that gives some of the best advice we could get here on the forum. Thankfully, we will still be able to keep in contact with them directly but will miss him here.

Rondo is right. They are a nice younger couple that just had their first grandchild this year.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:22 AM   #15
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Hey, that must make us a "younger couple" too! We just had our first grandchild this year also! If fact he will be celebrating his first birthday on the 30th of this month! We will miss his birthday since we will be at the Great Lakes Rally but we plan on celebrating early before we leave! Poor kid won't know when his birthday is with two celebrations!!
Old 07-09-2009, 06:51 AM   #16
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
Forums and e-mails are difficult and definitely not the same as Face to Face commumication. I belong to some other large forums and have seen excellent people leave because of a misinterpreted e-mail that may directly impact them as individuals. IMO, it is important to support and respect all discussions on a forum. There will always be some type of conflict when you consider background, expertise and experiences of the many members. I personally have left a large Forum quietly because it was dominated by a particular group of members that continued to rule over on discussions.
I feel that this is a great Forum and we have to accept all types of discussions and opinions to ensure all members can be proud to use the Club as a Super resource, attain expertise, aquire travelling friends and buddys, and best of all that ability to have contact with people of commonality on an as needed basis. Ellis
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:12 AM   #17
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Well said Ellis. I couldn't agree more. I too have left numerous forums for the very reason you have pointed out.
Over the years the MOC is and has been a very friendly forum and hopefully it will continue for many years to come. The membership is outstanding in it's willingness to contribute their personal experiences to help others in what ever fashion is needed.
Right or wrong, I admit that I am known for telling things the way it is or at least the way I see it but I would never slam another member just because I didn't agree with him or her. I have received emails from others who felt slighted by my words and after a more thorough explanation of my words we came to a considerably better understanding of what I was saying. In one instance, it took a face to face meeting at a rally to clear things up
The spoken word is usually easily understood no matter who is speaking, while the printed word is not. Some folks are not as well versed in putting their feelings into print as others and that makes it difficult for others to know exactly what they are trying to say.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:45 AM   #18
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Wow.... I didn't see that one coming, with what he originally meant. I took his comment literally and thought it regarded weather.

With the latest posts, I recall a post from them where they mentioned something that was difficult to even comment on. I viewed it and while, I typically post freely (and not always accurately) as is the nature of a free flowing forum, but in that case, I remember feeling some reluctance and I don't see it anymore, I would remember it. I recall it had been posted for a while and NO ONE had made one comment but had been viewed quite a bit.

I have a feeling he might have gotten rid of it, posted this commentary and left. I just don't recall the exact post (darn the memory). Prior to this I even liked is Gaelic expression and we recently discussed it a little bit in another topic - no harm, no foul.

In any forum, timing and emotion are unpredictable. With almost 10,000 members in this one it has been the most active I have ever participated in. But not all of us are as active as others or expected to be, not everyone can be in the same mood as others. When things don't mesh, you can bring it to anyone's attention, discuss it, or in the worst case leave. I am active because I have the time and the inclination. I am learning a boatload of stuff that is about 5 years behind of where I wish I were. I would have done things so much differently if I knew what I know now. If someone makes a statement that is contrary to what I have experienced or was made because of their familiarity with the situation and I'd like to understand it, I will post. THAT is what a FORUM is for.

Well, enough said, Glenn covered it quite well and succinctly. I might be assuming something that is not even so. If that is the case, my apologies. I hope we hear from Macdr50 once again.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #19
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I have no clue?????
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #20
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
They seem like very nice people. I'm sorry to hear they are upset about something on the forum, if that's what this is saying. Sure hate to lose good people like that.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote