Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2010, 01:42 PM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
The last piece of the puzzle

I must say that it is a true blessing having found a dealer that wants to the right thing regarding customer service. Kudos are awarded to SummitRV in Ashland, Ky. Our final concern after MOC input from several (Phil, Lonnie, Chuck among others) was the Marathon tires that are standard on the rig. We tried to get an upgrade at the factory, but found out it is not an option. The owner of the dealership called me tonight at work and we worked out the final details on upgrading the Marathon tires to Goodyear 614's. He agreed to purchase the Marathons for a fair price, also agreed to purchase the 614's at Sam's Club (best price we could find), and agreed to do all the legwork to get the tires on the rims. I am happy at just having to cover the difference in price! I am estatic to say the least and now am looking forward to the arrival of the rig. Keystone-Montana has confirmed the rig will rolling off the line about next Wednesday. It looks like we will be in the new rig for our Thanksgiving trip to Myrtle Beach!! Hopefully we can squeeze in a weekend or two before then to break it in and work what bugs out we can. I can not speak highly enough of the help that both the dealer and Keystone-Montana has provided throughout the process of the purchase. Now all that is left is the waiting!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

They really seem to be customer friendly there.
Maybe you guys could pick it up next weekend!

Old 09-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I am hoping for mid-October Bill, that will allow for two weeks to get it transported, then the dealer has some work to do as well. We are hoping to take our trade to them on a Saturday, and pick up the new rig the following Saturday. The dealer has to transfer the Splendide stackables, add the satellite dish, change out the propane tanks and add some struts to one of the storage areas. Hopefully that will let us try it out the Saturday we pick it up and perhaps sneak another weekend trip in before Thanksgiving. The waiting is definitely the hard part.

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:31 PM   #4
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
We are looking forward to seeing that new rig Thanksgiving. It is good to hear that there are some dealers that will do the right thing for their customers.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:05 PM   #5
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Bingo, As the A team chief used to say: "I love it when a plan comes together!!!!!!!"
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:24 PM   #6
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by exav8tr

Bingo, As the A team chief used to say: "I love it when a plan comes together!!!!!!!"

And Bingo, you’ve got a plan…
You the man!

Bill-N-Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #7
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Phil,
Out of curiosity, when you changed to the 614's, did you change the spare over as well. The reason I am asking is I am thinking that the spare rim is steel?? I did get confirmation from Tredit that the alloy rims are certified to 110 psi, but never thought about the spare?? Anyone know the answer here, I am looking to put a 614 on the spare as well, since the height will be a little different.
Bingo

Old 09-19-2010, 02:53 AM   #8
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Good move. We toyed with the idea of the 3750FL, but there are a couple things we don't like. One being the graphics issue with Keystone. When we were looking, the salesman says, "it has American made Goodyears on it". I get down and look, and there is "made in China" on the tires. I pointed that out, and he just gives me a blank stare. Oh, and they don't know about any graphics issue, even tho my friend bought his 3400 there, and they told him they were his problem when they started peeling. The rig was about a year old then.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:41 AM   #9
Sheepdog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10354
Bingo,
Good news that you were able to work out a fair deal on the tires. I put a G614 on the steel wheel as a spare. Tredit tire and wheel website shows them rated at 3750lbs@ 110psi and requires a standard hp steel valve stem. For the TO4 Al wheel I had to get a special steel hp valve available from Meyers or Tredit #24117 Enkie and has a double nut on the underside. The standard hp steel valve will work on the steel wheel and is needed to get the 110psi rating, but will not fit in the wheel hole on the To4 Al rims. Also,The G614 tire calls for a 6.5"wide rim but Tredit mounts them on the 6" T04 as a package and assured me it was OK to do so. Hope this helps.
Chuck
Sheepdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:45 AM   #10
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SlickWillie

Good move. We toyed with the idea of the 3750FL, but there are a couple things we don't like. One being the graphics issue with Keystone. When we were looking, the salesman says, "it has American made Goodyears on it". I get down and look, and there is "made in China" on the tires. I pointed that out, and he just gives me a blank stare. Oh, and they don't know about any graphics issue, even tho my friend bought his 3400 there, and they told him they were his problem when they started peeling. The rig was about a year old then.
Isn't it fun when you know more than the salesman...sure gives you the upper hand. Thanks to the friends on MOC.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:59 AM   #11
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

Phil,
Out of curiosity, when you changed to the 614's, did you change the spare over as well. The reason I am asking is I am thinking that the spare rim is steel?? I did get confirmation from Tredit that the alloy rims are certified to 110 psi, but never thought about the spare?? Anyone know the answer here, I am looking to put a 614 on the spare as well, since the height will be a little different.
Bingo
Yes I did Bingo, Did not want to mixmatch tires if one goes flat out in the boonies somewhere. Tredit said steel was good for 110 psi also. It may sit under there forever, but I know it's there.......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:08 PM   #12
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Bingo we missed your trailer by one day. Mark checked and your new home has left the building. Wanted to take a pic but too late.
Rosetta
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote