Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2005, 01:21 AM   #1
Montana_2893
Established Member

M.O.C. #2893
Bring back Privacy Doors

Keystone officials should take note of how many people are disapointed with the elimaination of a privacy door between the bedroom and bathroom area (see Hitchhiker Discover America in the General Forum)

We had decided upon ordering the 3400 but now are having second thoughts...at least the 3670 still does...a possible comprimise.

If it is a choice between a king size bed and the doors..we would opt for the doors. Make the 3400 with the bed/bath layout of the 3570 and you have created our dream 5r.

Montana_2893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:17 AM   #2
Montana_2992
Established Member

M.O.C. #2992
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PittsNhRv

Keystone officials should take note of how many people are disapointed with the elimaination of a privacy door between the bedroom and bathroom area (see Hitchhiker Discover America in the General Forum)

We had decided upon ordering the 3400 but now are having second thoughts...at least the 3670 still does...a possible comprimise.

If it is a choice between a king size bed and the doors..we would opt for the doors. Make the 3400 with the bed/bath layout of the 3670 and you have created our dream 5r.
I would like to emphatically second what PittsNhRv has written... the 3400 with the 3570 bed/bath layout (2004) would have me ordering one in a flash... The lack of any privacy doors in the 2005 line-up has turned my attention to the Forest River Cardinal line... Is anyone at Keystone listening?

- Codfish -
Montana_2992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:33 AM   #3
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
I also do not favor the new bed/bath redesign.

I wanted the 8 foot wide coach and that left me with a bed that my feet stick out of. So be it. I want to fit on more roads. We are comfortable with a queen width bed. I'm not willing to give up the separate bed and bath area's for the (possibility of a) king width. Like a lot of other people, we sometimes get up at vastly different times.

There is also the issue of mid-afternoon naps

No door, no sale. No compromise.

Period.

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:47 AM   #4
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
I will quote myself from another topic, just to make sure the message is heard as often as possible:

There seem to be enough of us who are concerned about the loss of the separation between the bedroom and bathroom that we should be able to let our voices be heard. Steve (Reigle), you are the best spokesman for us. You already have contact with representatives from Keystone/Montana. At least convey our concerns. I am with those who say that if we cannot find this feature which we consider essential, we will look for another 'brand'. I know that it is increasingly hard to find this feature in any 'brand'. I know because that is one of the major features that led us to buy a Montana over some other very desirable models from other makers. So, as far as we are concerned, if Montana does not listen to us on this, we will happily use our present model with which we are very satisfied and when it comes to replacement we will have to look elsewhere.

So, friend Steve, I'm asking for you to represent our interests and concerns. We appreciate your leadership in this forum and your positive approach. Just what we need at this time.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 04:13 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I don't think I would consider myself a 'leader' of MOC but might consider myself a talker-too-much.

From past conversations with Keystone folks I think this forum, the one about what I would say to Keystone, is one of the first to be looked at. Nevertheless, because you asked, I just finished emailing them, asking that they take a look at this thread.

That said, Vicki and I agree about the loss of the privacy doors. Prior to this latest change, we were concerned about the sink moving into the bedroom. These factors would cause us serious concern when we someday might be in the market again. I also realize that for many buyers neither of these is a big deal. But for us it's a serious factor.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 05:00 AM   #6
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Thanks, Steve, I think the email from you would surely make a difference. We appreciate your contributions to this forum and therefore to the interests of all Montana owners.

David -- PadreDW
Old 02-04-2005, 05:18 AM   #7
Montana_2893
Established Member

M.O.C. #2893
I just noticed that I have 2 different 2005 Montana catalogues. The one I got at the Boston show does not have the 3500 floor plan in it but does show the 3670 with the privacy doors. The other which I recieved from Keystone (last week) has the 3500 floorplan and shows all the models with the doors removed. They must of changed design mid year...too bad
Old 02-04-2005, 06:33 AM   #8
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Well, if they can change in midyear and remove the doors, then they should be able to change back...anytime, like as soon as they get the message. Sounds good to me!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 06:49 AM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I just took a good look at the MONTANA 2005 MODELS post by Lady RV on Feb 3rd. This post shows the floor plans as well as the standard and optional equipment for each model.
It appears to me that NONE, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA of the 2005 Montanas have a door between the bedroom and bath. Nor is the door listed as an option.

As much as Lorraine and I love our Montana and as much as we love the MOC we too are being forced to look at other brands. Fortunately we will not be upgrading until at least 2006 and hopefully by than Keystone/Montana will have realized their screw up and returned these doors.

At every RV show that I have attended where Montana had a factory rep and at the 2004 MOC Rally we all were told time and again that the folks at Keystone/Montana think very highly of this forum. We were repeatedly told how much they value our comments or complaints and that they take every comment and complaint they read here very seriously. I think now would be a good time for Keystone/Montana to prove to us just how much they value our contributions.

To quote Eric and codfish....
Quote:
quote:No door, no sale. No compromise. Period.

Is anyone at Keystone listening?
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 10:40 AM   #10
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I vote for the privacy doors. Even like the enclosed bathroom with a walk way to the bedroom. Not may of those so I guess I am definitely in the minority.
Thanks for starting this thread.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 11:50 AM   #11
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
In addition to the sleeping spouse issue, the closed privacy doors also help keep the bathroom area warmer when one is showering. Just another reason to not eliminate them.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 11:52 AM   #12
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Ditto, Ditto, Ditto! (and for the record, our 2005 3670RL does have the privacy doors).

We routinely make this point to reps of all brands at any RV show we attend. Can we at least have optional bedroom/bathroom layouts?
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 11:08 AM   #13
Snowbirds
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2082
We just purchased an '05 2955RL and it has the sliding doors between the bedroom and the bath!!
Snowbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 02:59 PM   #14
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
That's good news about our favorite Montana model, the 2955RL. Let's just hope that your's is not a one of a kind.

Have a college classmate living in Crossville, TN, Robert Secrist. At least that's the way I think his name is spelled.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:05 AM   #15
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
padredw,

It could be that PittsNhRv has an early 2005. I saw a 2005 3575RL in a Rockford dealer and the 3575RL is discontinued according to the 2005 flyers. My 2005 flyer also shows the privacy doors for everything.... The floorplans on the Keystone web site shows otherwise now.

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 04:36 AM   #16
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Didn't someone say dropping the doors was a mid-model year change and the early '05 models still have the doors but the newer ones don't? Anyone know for sure?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 05:57 AM   #17
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We bought our 05 in Sept.04 and it has the folding privacy curtain.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 06:37 AM   #18
Montana_2893
Established Member

M.O.C. #2893
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Didn't someone say dropping the doors was a mid-model year change and the early '05 models still have the doors but the newer ones don't? Anyone know for sure?
According to the Keystone rep at the Boston show and 2 subsequent phone calls to Keystone that is and what has happened. There are NO 2005 models NOW IN PRODUCTION that have privacy doors between the bed and bath. Anyone who has a 2005 model with privacy doors between the bed and bath has a 5r that was made prior to this design change in November.
Old 02-06-2005, 08:07 AM   #19
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Our build date was October 25. Guess we just made it under the wire. Sure would have been upset if it had arrived without the doors!
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 11:10 AM   #20
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
So when do you think they might get them back?. We planned on ordering the new 3475 next week at the Minneapolis RV Show but might have to wait awhile if the door is not an option. I sure hope they still have the queen bed as an option. Jayco came out with king size only and we crossed it off our list. We ordered a Select Comfort mattress for ours and sure don't want a king. One of the reasons we like the 3475 is because they changed it to the full queen bed.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote