Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2005, 12:32 PM   #61
Southstl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19
Carol, do you and AL have that bad weather in tow? Check the back of that Montana and see if there is storm hook attached.

Great job Bill and Ann. All sounds good to us. Looks like we might have quite a crowd.

Southstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 01:00 PM   #62
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Steve, you know, I was wondering about that, man, it is nasty! That said, we did manage to escape that nasty ice storm that hit TN, NC, GA, etc!

I just was out with the yorks, no one wants to go potty outside, now there is a surprise! NOT! It is 39 and pouring rain. ICK!

So, all us TEXANS will have our bad weather for the winter NOW and get it OUT OF HERE SOON!

ENOUGH!!, oh I said that didn't I?? Course, when we left Tipton it was 4 below, so, we are up a few degrees! HA!

Bill, you said it was 80 in the Rio Grande last week, where did the 80 go??? SIGH

Furnace is running full time, 2 electric heaters running full time, AT LEAST IT IS WARM IN MONTANA!

See ya'all in McAllen on the 17th, and ya,know, there is no reason not to visit more once we all get down there, when we get an address, we will let cha all know! Maybe we can get together more than what Bill has so sweetly organized!

Thanks Bill for your efforts, we will see ya then, god willing and the creek don't rise(with all this rain, is that a possiblility?? GROAN)

Cheers, from a wet Dallas

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 02:22 PM   #63
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
We want to thank both Bill and Ann for all the work they have done to pull this get together. You have done a great job. Also we want to say to everyone traveling to the valley to drive safely and be careful. We hope that Al & Carol will leave the cold weather somewhere in North Texas before they reach the valley. The MOC members are one of the greatest group of people and we are proud to be a part of them. See everyone in the valley.
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 03:09 PM   #64
Southstl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19
Carol and Al, if you guys are headed south out of the Dallas/Ft Worth area on 35, try to get on to highway 281 as soon as you can, it will take through the Hill-country, straight to San Antonio. It is a very nice drive and not as hectic as 35. It is more of a Historic drive and is mostly 4 lane good road.
Old 01-30-2005, 03:56 PM   #65
JimnPat
Established Member

M.O.C. #1997
Looking forward to seeing all of you in the "Valley". We are at the Rio Grande Bible Institute on Bus. Hwy 281 in Edinburg....
JimnPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 04:10 PM   #66
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Carol, I agree with Steve (Southstl) about US 281. Excellent road and much more enjoyable/relaxed drive. If you have time when you go through Johnson City, LBJ's boyhood home is right there, maybe a quarter mile off the road, in town. And the LBJ ranch is less than 10 miles. Fredericksburg with all it's attractions is maybe, what, 30 miles? Well, you're probably just truckin' on through but wanted to say the road is an excellent choice. We did that one and I-35 about this time last year. Steve's on the money.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 04:23 PM   #67
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
That's a hoot! Our park has an outing organized to Mr. Gatti's on the 17th at 5:00. Anyway, we'll be there with the MOC folk. I doubt we could do two Mr Gatti meals on the same afternoon!

John and Donna at Bentsen Palm Village RV Park, Mission, TX.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 01:36 AM   #68
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
CountryGuy: Al and Carol, Mr. Gatti's is a all you can eat buffet type joint. Mostly every kind of pizza you have ever seen or want. Even dessert pizza. It also has pasta and a big salad bar.
You guys have to remember...this is winter in Texas also. But the 40's is as bad as it gets. The locals enjoy this weather because believe me it is going to get warmer.
I notice you didn't say that you were going to turn around and go home because it was too cold down here.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 05:05 AM   #69
Southstl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19
We will be at the Valley Gateway RV Park in Edinburg. We should arrive 2/12, but we might arrive 2/11. You never know. By looking around on the internet, there seems to be a lot of things to do. Like mentioned above, maybe we can get together for more than our Thursday gathering.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:15 AM   #70
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Steve and Evelyn: I agree. If I can make a suggestion, how about everyone come to Mr.Gatti's with enough cards for everyone, giving their Handle, Full Names, Address in Texas, and a phone number so they can be contacted for other gatherings. If anyone wants to get together prior to Thurs. 17th post it here on the forum. Maybe a trip to Progresso, Mexico.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:55 PM   #71
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Hey, gang,

The Stevens have arrived in the Rio Grande. The place we wanted to stay, was booked FULL, they mumbled something about filled because of all the people that could not go to Florida cause of all those horrible hurricanes.

We did find a spot tho, I will post it tomorrow, as the info is out in the truck or someplace other than the desk. We will supposedly have cable internet, but we could not get it to work, my computer says it wants some software and there was none in the box???

Al's cold or whatever has taken a turn for the worse, all this lovely weather we are having, I suspect. I think it finally hit 50 today, but when we were setting up it was misting heavily, and the wind was a blowing, and quite frankly, it is a tad nasty! UGH. This is like late fall camping in Michigan, brrrrrrr!

But, we are here and glad of it, I heard tonight that it might snow in Dallas tonight, or was that tomorrow?? Whatever. Blechhhh!

Now, bring on the sun and some nice weather so we can get Al all healed up and ready to have some fun.

We are in Mercedes, very close to the road to Progresso. More tomorrow, or whenever possible, right now, I am still on cell phone, which means after 9 PM

Carol
Old 02-02-2005, 02:45 AM   #72
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Welcome to the valley. Shake off that tailwind and it should warm up in the next couple of days.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:23 AM   #73
Southstl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19
Hope you get to feeling better Al.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:50 PM   #74
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Well, we both slept a lot, went out and got him some cough meds, slept some more!

We are at Llano Grande Lake Park resort, Mercedes. Site 2181. We have no instant phone here, and the cable modem is not cooperating at the moment, so, I have cellphone internet and cellphone to reach me.

If, anyone needs that number (that I would rather not post here, ya know HAHA), please write email to:

lashbrooke5@yahoo.com

Carol

Hey, it stopped raining for the moment and it went about 50 today, both great steps in the right direction! Cheers
Old 02-03-2005, 04:55 AM   #75
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
CountryGuy: Al and Carol...Just re-read some past posts. You have yourself a job of MC. No script needed...Just ad-lib. Thanks.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:00 AM   #76
contau lake
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2222
Bill and Anne, can you add two more to your list for Mr. Ghatti's on the 17th. Sharran and I have been here for a month but you know what things are like when you first arrive. I havn't been on the net very much. Thanks for arranging the get together. We were to your park a few weeks back but no one around! See you on the 17th.
contau lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:04 AM   #77
Ormee and Ginette
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #262
Add Ormee and Ginette to your list of people we are at the Bentsen Palm Village RV Resort... Have also run into ONTMONT staying at same place as us they are also interested in going..
Ormee and Ginette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 03:39 PM   #78
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Ok, since I have NO idea what you want me to do as MC, but, as I am willing (GULP), how bout all attendees bring along a short note as to your MOC ID name and real people names and where you are from, as in your home town, for me to use to do something??

Bill had the great idea of each of you bringing along data about where you are here in the valley, to share with each other, that is a great idea too!

Al and I continue to mend, and, time to celebrate, it got to 53 today! 80 sounds even better tho! HA HA

Cheers, from the wounded Stevens gang!

Carol
Old 02-04-2005, 02:51 AM   #79
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Just to remind everyone. I have been keeping an updated list of attendees and where they are staying on page 6. Post your updates as required.
Thanks Carol for taking on the job.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:57 AM   #80
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Bill and Sharran: Sorry we missed you. We were playing golf. Our neighbour in the other Montana told us someone was around but we didn't know who. Be sure to try again. Our phone number is 631-8212. Give us a call or drop an email.