Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2013, 05:34 AM   #1
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
Looking for campgrounds near Santa Monica CA.

I will be entering a clinical trial at a hospital near Santa Monica and could possibly be there for a couple of months. If that's the case I was thing of taking the Monty down there if I can find a campground close by that has a monthly rate. The ones that I have found are either booked for the summer or to far away. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I will be at St John's Hospital. Rich

PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Oh my, good luck with this one. Which ones have you tried?

The best bet is to commute a bit. There are campgrounds in surrounding towns anywhere from 30 to 50 miles away and while this turns you into a commuter (ugh) availability and cost might be okay. Most camping places nearby to Santa Monica have time limits (10 to 14 days) and moving around from place to place in the Santa Monica/L.A. areas is NOT recommended.

I can start with Golden Shore RV Park (in Long Beach), 800-668-3581. About 30 miles commute, it is a tight fit and tricky getting into but it is nicely kept. I can also recommend either the KOA, (888-562-4230) or East Shore RV Park (800-809-3778) both in Pomona and about 45-50 miles away. There are also others but they are just as far and I have no experience with them.

In all cases expect high prices but way cheaper than a hotel. Then there's the price of fuel that might convince you that a nearby hotel might be cheaper. DW loved working at St. John's especially running into all the celebrities. Good luck and best in health to you.

Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:10 AM   #3
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Rich, does the hospital have an area where you can park the Monty? When our SIL had to have surgery in Santa Clara they let us park the MH in the parking lot for as long as we needed to be there. No hook ups, but I know you can deal with that. Hope all goes well for you.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:03 AM   #4
Yamaha_Mama
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8057
We are holding good thoughts for you Rich. Another suggestion might be regular mobile home parks. We stay at one in Citrus Heights. They rent out their empty spaces for short term rentals. Also, the hospital might be a good resource, if you haven't already asked them.
Yamaha_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote