Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2004, 09:45 PM   #1
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Wrong color of carpet

Alright now I am one who would expect Keystone to get this right. Especially since I had to pay an extra $300 to get this done on my 3400RL. I ordered the coach with the spring floral interior but upgraded the carpet to the merlot. That light green I had in my 315RLS just showed too much dirt. I have had the coach for a month or so now and have finally gotten around to loading this up getting ready for the summer. The first thing I noticed when I opened the cabinet door next to the stove is the carpet is green, but the carpet infront of the cabinets along the edge of the slide is merlot. So this got me going, started looking around and found that the edge of the carpet on the kitchen slide was coming undone. Looking futher into why, I found out. They made the slide with the green carpet and then just stapled the merlot over the top, and did a half a_ _ job at that. So I go back to the dealer and they confirm my findings. They trimmed the extra carpet to solve it from coming out, but that really ticks me off. Then today while loading some stuff in the bedroom I see in the mirror closet doors on the bedroom slide they did not even get the side edges covered. You can see the green around the corners of the merlot carpet. I am not happy about this at all. While I was at the rv show back in Jan and battled with the factory rep about going with one interior color and then another color on the carpet. First he told me they wont do it. So I told him I wont ugrade from my tt then. And of course he comes back with well for 300bucks I will make sure it is built on the line with the right color carpet. So I gave in and paid the money. And now I find this. Really sticks my craw to have such a rip job done on my new coach. And to top it all off, I am still waiting for my sofa coffee table I ordered and paid for along with my sink covers. Sorry so long, just had to get that off my chest. If Keystone is going to CHARGE for doing something like this, they might want to make sure they get it right. Staple over the wrong carpet! Just makes me shake my head.

2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CrewCab Duramax
2004 Montana 3400RL

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 04:03 AM   #2
Montana_576
Established Member

M.O.C. #576
We had ordered a 3280 RL 2004 and had trouble with some design changes. Bottom line if you are not standing in it at the show room you most likely won’t get what you want. We did deal with Jeff at Montana and he was a big help to getting things sorted out. My advice to people is if you don’t see what you want keep looking. Make the dealer do his job and find the one you want even if you have to drive some distance to look at the unit it’s better than being stuck with some you paid good money for and are not happy with.
Montana_576 is offline   Reply With Quote