Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
The Windshield Wonder

The Windshield Wonder is the easiest way to keep the inside of your windshield clean and clear without that annoying film that coats most INSIDE windshields.

This has to be one of the best inventions out there. I'v had one for awhile now and also gave everyone in my family one for Christmas. Available at Walmart; Target; Rite-Aid; Bed, Bath & Beyond just to name a few.

Once you use it, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it, especially if you drive a lot. That must be why they call it the Windshield Wonder.

Sure wish I had invented this or had stock in it.

https://www.asseenontv.com/prod-page..._ood_ontv.html

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Hmmmmm. That looks like one of those "Why didn't someone think about this years ago?" devices. I'll be on the look out for one.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:32 AM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I guess I just never look outside the box when I cleaned the windshield.

What a simple solution.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:11 AM   #5
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
We, too, have discovered this little beauty. Another good use is cleaning windows in the RV and ESPECIALLY the mirrors. The only thing is the cover has to be absolutely clean or it leaves a few dusty smear marks. But, hey, that's easy enough to wipe off with a paper towel. Love anything that makes a dirty job easier!
footloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:45 AM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
The invention of microfiber fabric is changing the world. I use microfiber fabrics for cleaning my vehicles and they work great.

I like that the product is only $10 (for 2 kits) and the shipping is $7.00 or 70% of the cost. I call it informercial pricing. It always astounds me that the product is free or $19.99, but then you get the price of shipping. Wow!!! Then they are thrilled even more when you "expedite" it!

I'll definitely be looking for this product at the "As seen on TV" stores and departments in my area.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:55 AM   #7
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Ordered mine today, however, shipping was $13.98 for two units. The second unit is Free (Ha!) just pay seperate shipping. That's where they make there money. It sure doesn't cost that much to ship one or two units.......Oh Well, It's only my kids inheritance. Ironic that this post should show up today as I was watching TV last night and a commercial came on about this product. I told DW I was going to order one and even wrote down the phone number, and VOILA! an internet link shows up today on OUR forum. Thanks D & M.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #8
Shooterdad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8905
I have to agree, that's is a slick little tool, we now have two . While at Bed bath and beyond yesterday we purchased another "as seen on TV " product, it is the Turbo Snake, it is a little wire snake to pull hair and other stuff from your drains. I have not used it yet , however several times this summer , i had to fish hair from the shower drain in our trailer, and with three girls ,i thought i would give it a try. Makes ya feel like a Knucklehead when you consider how simple some of these things are, and that folks are making so much money , on something so simple. Have a Great Day ....Scott
Shooterdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:22 PM   #9
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Ordering this online is costly as some of you have found out. When you go to a store, look around or ask if they have it. Walmarts usually stock it in a "As Seen on TV" area near one of the register lanes. Target doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason as to where they stock theirs but I have seen it there sometimes on an end aisle with some other "As Seen ON TV" products.

My husband absolutely loves his and has mandated that the one I bought him is not to leave his truck. I'm glad I bought everyone in the family their own.

(Not a bad White Elephant Gift if you add something else with it to get the cost up to the limit.)

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #10
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Hmmm! $19.95 plus shipping.

Let's see. If I take a mop with a sponge mop thing-a-ma-jig on he end that swivels, and cut the handle down to about 18-24 inches, then I wrap some microfiber cloth around the sponge area that I have, would I have the same swivel properties of what is being displayed, and the cleaning power? Hmmm! Just thinking out loud.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:44 PM   #11
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Waynem

Hmmm! $19.95 plus shipping.

Let's see. If I take a mop with a sponge mop thing-a-ma-jig on he end that swivels, and cut the handle down to about 18-24 inches, then I wrap some microfiber cloth around the sponge area that I have, would I have the same swivel properties of what is being displayed, and the cleaning power? Hmmm! Just thinking out loud.
Wayne, You're lucky, mine was $10.00 plus shipping......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:24 AM   #12
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
Yep! Got one for DH and it works great.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:06 AM   #13
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Ah! I've got it. We already have the "Swifter," and the "Shark." Now you do have to remember that I have about 40 square feet of windshield area on the SOB. Now I could use one of those contraptions, or I could just continue to do what I presently do.

"Honey, would you clean the windshield, please?" A couple paper towels and some Windex and she has it done in a jiffy. I think it is the "Please" that works the wonders. Some times I have to add, "Hurry up!" Or she'll have time to think and tell me where I'm going next!!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 10:56 AM   #14
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I picked one up at bed bath and beyond for 9.99 and it works as advertised. I'm
Old 01-04-2010, 04:32 AM   #15
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Shooterdad

. . . it is a little wire snake to pull hair and other stuff from your drains . . .
Scott, if you haven't found the wire strainers that slip into the shower and sink yet, you're missing out. It catches everything and keeps it from going down the drain. We've bought them at dollar stores in all sizes to fit all the different drains. We've found that the ones at WalMart are the best as they don't rust.
Dick and Sharon
footloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:39 AM   #16
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
I pick-up one last night at Walgreens for $9.99. Haven't tried it yet but looks like it will work. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:14 AM   #17
Shooterdad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8905
Dick, I did pick up a set of those as well, its a three piece set that covers all three drains, but those dang girls still seem to get the one in the shower clogged up ...Lol. God bless them , i really don't mind and would rather have them clogging up the shower drain ,than not have them with us. Thanks for the tip....Scott
Shooterdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #18
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Waynem
Dig in your pocket pull out the $10.00 plus tax , and go shop at Target/Walgreens or Bed Bath and Beyond....you will be a happy camper LOL!

For Everyone Else-
Remember the real pay off for this "Windshield Wonder" is when you need to clean the inside windshield of a car or truck.....I don't know about anybody else but my arms are too short and tummy too big for me to reach on the bottom of the inside windshield (down by dash board)...
I love having this Windshield Wonder.

Thanks Margee, for the White Elephant gift idea.....Now we are guaranteed that everyone attending the seasonal mini rally will be receiving a Windshield Wonder...Mine is not wrapped yet, but sitting in the trailer at the storage yard LOL!
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #19
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
We just picked one up at Wal-Mart. Thanks for the tip!
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:17 AM   #20
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Kevin and Denise,
I'm sure going to try and purchase one for that price. You just don't know how hard it is to get 10 bucks out of "tightwad!'

In all honesty, I have seen that advertised and it looks to be a good invention. I just wish that I had thought of it.

I just have to "mention" BB & B and Earlene will be ready to go. Then I'll stick it on her bill.