Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2006, 09:25 PM   #1
virgil47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3846
Truck Wash

Has anyone ever used a truck wash to give your Montana a quick cleaning. I see them along the Interstates and wonder if it might work?

virgil47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:15 AM   #2
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
I took mine to a Blue Beacon - they did a good job, but didn't get the top. They use long pressure washer nozzles and kinda' get around the edges of the top. I had my tow vehicle and TT washed and waxed. It's a little pricey (don't remember for sure how much) but I'll probably do it every year at the beginning of the season. I was impressed enough to take my high top conversion van there also. They're open 24/7 and have two bays. If they are doing short things (non-18 wheelers) they can get two in a bay at once. After it was apparantly done, the "boss" went around it with a flashlight and pointed out places they had missed so they could get them clean too.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 03:12 AM   #3
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
We cleaned our TT at a truck wash and found out that their high pressure was so high that it tore the front decal. Have to be careful!
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 08:03 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I had it done once at a truck wash. The high pressure blew out one of the flaps in the dryer vent cover. I didn't notice it until I got home. They had an option for a brush wash. Next time I'll have them do the brush wash even though it cost more. Mostly I just do it myself.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 08:18 AM   #5
countrygirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2831
Speaking of washing Monty....David is doing just that right now as I type this post. I don't think that a truck wash would do a very good job on ours ....since we had so much mud caked on. Our trip home from the Valley was really messy...we got a lot of stuff thrown up on the trailer and especially the back in. It will look as good as new when he finishes...then, the truck is next.
Countrygirl or Shirley
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:30 AM   #6
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Thanks for this question. We have steered clear of the truck washes for fear the pressure would damage the decals. Thanks for the response Steve. Guess it confirms the pressure is pretty strong. We have stuck to doing the job ourselves on one of those "reality days" as Vicki calls them. LOL
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 01:16 AM   #7
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
I have used the truck washes as part of delivering rvs,for a transport company out of IN. I call the rv dealer about a half hour away from the dealership to get directions. I then have to ask if they want the rv washed.If they want it washed,they tell me where to take it. I usually wind up at a truck wash. The sides and the front and back are the only thing they wash .I have no idea how they would clean one with a lot of bad black streaks. I would call them first and see if they wash an rv.If they say yes ask about messing up decals.If you decide to get the rig washed, tell them to be careful with the decals.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote