Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2006, 04:01 AM   #21
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

Sounds like you got the "better end of the deal", Orv. Do you have to pay her for that, or hasn't it struck her yet that she may have been conned?
Well, half of it is hers, I think. Share and share alike is my motto.
Orv

ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 04:46 PM   #22
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Yep wear the rubber and stay clean.
Quote "you'll never see a plumber bite his nails"
Old 03-06-2006, 12:44 PM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There is a thread on another forum talking about dumping on the ground and folks are agreeing with it and saying it is alright. I can't believe it..Not only Gray water but black also..Need to take names over there so I don't wind up beside one of them...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:20 PM   #24
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
This fall they had a similar forum thread on the "other" forum. If you think a "What truck is best?" generates hostility and a long thread of angry, indignant people... just watch that thread for a while. That thread will not cool down too much before the "anti-dumpers" find it. Then you'll see a war not fit for the weak at heart. Good entertainment reading it, but don't post on it. Either side will slit your tires in the middle of the night.

Actually I didn't see any of those threats (although that threat may still be valid), but there were plenty of, "If I ever see you in a CG, I'll hose you down with my black tank!!!"

Take my word for this, Rich - as a friend - DO NOT GET TEMPTED AND POST ON THAT THREAD. Us MOCers may have to come rescue you. Of course, if your bird just happened to get caught up in this black tank war, this might be the chuckle that makes your day... That is, until Helen makes you clean your pal up... Would she do that???

*On Edit~ (Also this discussion will waffle back and forth between black and gray water dumping.)
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:55 PM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
No I did not post.I could barely read it without barfing.I could not believe that campers would think it Ok to dump their waste on the ground.Oh well takes all kinds...I have never seen that done in all my years of camping...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:21 PM   #26
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I have seen a few rv'ers dump their grey and galley tanks out into a field along their rv before. I guess I do not really have a problem with that if they are dumped into a garden or lawn area out of the way, but dumping a black tank on the ground??? I just cant wrap my head around the thought of someone thinking that is ok!!! The main reason I do not get upset with the grey and galley tank is the same thing is done on the boat. It dumps the kitchen sink and shower from the bathroom overboard into the lake. This has been done for many, many years. I still have the toilet pumped out at the marina when I get gas and add more fresh water to the onboard tank, have never even thought about just pumping that into the water. I am with Rich, I would be taking names and making sure I do not camp/boat around them.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:34 PM   #27
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
If you think about it when we tent camped we dumped the dishwater on the ground and also the hand washing basin. Not much difference unless you get in the shower with other stuff on you.
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:43 PM   #28
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
We also dumped our dish water, out on the ground, too, but away from where any traffic would be.

I believe there becomes a valid concern, though, from some who said they have pulled into a campsite only to find a huge mud hole, because someone dumped 20-30 gals of gray water. I can't believe that happens very much., But as I was following this thread last fall, several suddenly jumped in and mentioned that they had that problem, with several having to go back to the ranger station and get a new campsite assigned. Apparently, this irritated the "dumpers" that they would be that "picky", and the battle was engaged...

That's when the fur started to fly on that thread... If anyone ever pulls into a CG and it smells a little funny... be careful... that could have been one of their battle grounds.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote