Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2012, 04:06 AM   #1
rono
Established Member

M.O.C. #6606
TV Removal

The tv in our 3500RL is mounted in the corner of the living room. No space above, below, or beside the unit, and cannot see how it is mounted. The cabinet below has a top in it, so I cannot see up to the bottom of the tv. Does anyone know if the top of that cabinet can be removed to access the bottom of the tv? I am assuming that the tv is bolted to the shelf from the bottom.
Ron

rono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:42 AM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Bolting the TV to the bottom of the shelf gives Keystone too much credit. The typical installation of the older tube type TVs used long (2"?) screws drive into the front edge of the TV from either the top, bottom, side or a combination of all three places. Look for wood plugs in the cabinet frame above and below the edge of the TV. Pop them out and you should find the screw head. You can use a hacksaw blade or something similar and slide it between the TV and the frame. That should give you an idea of where the screws are. I guess you could cut the screws that way too and make it easier to remove the TV.

Carl n Susan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Is it a Viewsonic LCD TV? Is there a small (~8") square plastic cover on the side anywhere?
On my '07 3075RL the Viewsonic TV was mounted to a metal slide out bracket. But mine backed up to the commode room. There was a square plastic cover in that room that I could remove, reach in, lift a latch behind the TV, and TV and metal bracket would slide out the front.
On a friends '08 3295RK, they had the same TV but in a different location. We first started looking for screws under the bottom of the TV where the fireplace was. But then I noticed inside the pantry next to the TV there was the same square plastic cover I had. I removed it, reached in, and sure enough there was the same metal slide bracket. Lifted the latch and it slide out the front.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #4
rono
Established Member

M.O.C. #6606
Thanks Carl, that a good idea about sliding a hacksaw blade around looking for the screws, I'll try that. Nothing wrong with the tv, just want a new one so I can hook computer up etc...
Thanks again, Ron
Old 09-07-2012, 08:24 AM   #5
rono
Established Member

M.O.C. #6606
BB TX, it is an old tube type Zineth (sp). No cover anywhere to be found. Thanks though.
Ron