Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Brrr it's cold outside! Winter Camping
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2008, 09:20 AM   #21
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Connorsmom,
If you hook up the hose empty and then start the flow, I'll bet you can just about fill your tank before the hose freezes. The water will be moving and will take a while to freeze up. Empty the hose right away and you shouldn't have much of a problem. Good luck.

NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:09 PM   #22
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Great idea and probably effective but I'd have trouble parting with $289 plus tax for something I can easily make myself for inside of $50.

Jim, I'd bet it wouldn't freeze so long as the water is moving at full speed. It only takes maybe 15 or 20 minutes to fill the fresh water tank. And if it did freeze, well, I'd just disconnect and finish with a second hose.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote