Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Northeast Region
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2008, 06:02 AM   #1
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
OMLET breakfast

We are planning an "Omelet in a Bag" breakfast on Sunday Morning. Still need some folks to help out with filling bags, boiling bags, etc as well as folks bringing ingredients to put in the bags. The eggs (and Egg Beaters) will be provided but other things like veggies and such we ask folks to bring to put on the fixin table for all to share. Any ingredients that will require precooking should be brought already cooked (hash browns, sausage, bacon, etc.) and chopped.

Mudchief has already signed up to bring sausage, who else can bring something?

Finally, there may be a hiccup with our custom cooking equipment (it might not be there). We are asking anyone that has an electric roaster (something that can definately heat water up above 212 F please bring it along in case we do need it. It will not get messy as we will only use it to boil water so there will be no mess to clean up in your appliance afterwards. We are bringing one from home but with a potential of 80 folks having breakfast that day, 3 or 4 roasters would be better.

Thanks, and we are getting closer!

Bill and Lisa

Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:26 PM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Roasters will not work// been there ..done that..they will not keep the water boiling.. The roasters were a total failure at the fall rally. Need the big propane heaters and large pots for cooking.got to keep that water boiling..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:17 PM   #3
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Bill and Lisa, have to agree with Rich, those roasters didn't work. They did not recover quick enough when the bags were put in the hot water. I don't really think they got up to boiling either. At least use the propane stoves with as big of pots you can get. The bigger the pot, once it boils, it stays hot longer and recoups faster.
Also as a hint, line up who is bringing what so you don't end up with 8 people with onions or cheese.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:43 AM   #4
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
I have a turkey fryer that I use for cooking clams. It has never cooked a turkey. I can bring the burner section plus a large pot. Will that help?
Old 04-15-2008, 02:48 AM   #5
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bullroc3

I have a turkey fryer that I use for cooking clams. It has never cooked a turkey. I can bring the burner section plus a large pot. Will that help?
Sounds like large pots and burners are the right answer, so yes please bring your stuff. I will bring a propane stove and large pot as well.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:13 AM   #6
MelsJoy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7085
Bill & Lisa,
We just had the Spring Rally in Tucson. Mel & I hosted what we call the "Potluck Breakfast Scramble". It was a complete success! We had approx. 60 people in attendence. We had 2 (turkey fryer) type propane cookers going and one large pot on an endustrial gas stove. The propane cookers far "outcooked" the stove. We had everyones omelets cooked and done inside of about 45 min., thanks to the help of a great volunteer crew. I think only "one" omelet didn't get completly done.

I would recomend that you get at least 4 of the largest Pots and turkey propane cookers you can find to help you with the amount of people you will be having! Good luck! You'll love it! I know we all did! PM me if you have any questions!

Joy & Mel
MelsJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:49 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I agree 100% with Joy& Mel....They said"I would recomend that you get at least 4 of the largest Pots and turkey propane cookers you can find to help you with the amount of people you will be having!" It will not work without that equipment....
Old 04-15-2008, 06:16 PM   #8
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
I believe! I believe! Cancel request for Roasters. Anyone have a turkey fryer they can bring great. A large stock pot, bring that, propane stove to put under the large stock pot - need those too. Hmmm wonder if there is any way we can put the gas powered blender to work here.....
Old 04-16-2008, 04:09 PM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Bill..One of the reasons we are NOT doing the omlett in a bag for the fall rally is because we must have the propane cookers and large pots for cooking and they were hard to come by..The other option was to rent some and that was cost restrictive.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:37 AM   #10
MelsJoy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7085
Bill,
I think you'd be surprised how many people actually do have those cookers, we had 3 three volunteers to bring theirs to the spring rally, and probably would have had more, but we knew we had the industrial kitchen to work with so I posted right away that we had enough, and we only had 32 total rigs attend! good luck. You won't regret asking because this event it so much fun!

Joy
MelsJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:38 AM   #11
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Hi guys... we made our reservations yesterday site #81. We will be arriving late friday night. Unsure to go since we will miss the first 2 days but decided some days there was better than none that there will be plenty of fun on the days we could attend!!! Can't wait to meet new people who love to RV. This will be our first ralley.

We have a propane cooker and it will certainly boil water. We cook crabs on it from time to time. Will also bring a large pot.

We will also bring something to put in the bags or other.
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:48 AM   #12
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by cdaniels

We have a propane cooker and it will certainly boil water. We cook crabs on it from time to time. Will also bring a large pot.

We will also bring something to put in the bags or other.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! oh by the way, thanks!

Looking forward to meeting you
Bill
Old 04-24-2008, 01:08 PM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
i am not sure where the omlett in a bag bkfst is going or if we are having one or if we have the proper equipment......However..just in case..here is what it is

NOTE that a FREEZER BAG is required.. A lessor or cheaper bag
will more than likely melt in the boiling water.

Have guests write their name on a quart-size freezer bag with
permanent marker.

Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shake,.

Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.

Ingredients:
Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag (not more than 2)
shake to combine them. Put out a variety of ingredients such as:
cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, mushrooms,
etc.

Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shake.

Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.
Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes.
You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot.

For more, make another pot of boiling water.

Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Be prepared for
everyone to be amazed.

Nice to serve with fresh fruit and coffee cake; everyone gets involved
in the process and a great conversation piece.

Directions:
1. Crack the eggs into a large resealable freezer bag. Press out most
of the air, and seal. Shake or squeeze to beat the eggs. Open the bag,
and add the ham, cheese, onion, green pepper, tomato, salsa, and
mushrooms. Squeeze out as much of the air as you can, and
seal the bag.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place up to 8 bags at a time
into the boiling water. Cook for exactly 13 minutes. Open the bag, and
let the omelet roll out onto a plate. The omelet should roll out easily.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:45 AM   #14
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Rich,
We would still like to do the omlet breakfast, for all the neat reasons you listed. I am convinced though that without Svens gear (still have not been able to confirm they are not coming) that we need to use turkey fryers or it will take forever. So far we have one turkey fryer confirmed as coming. If for some reason we are not able to go the omlet in a bag route we will go with a pot luck breakfast that day.
Bill
Old 04-28-2008, 02:49 AM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Bill& Lisa.. If we do get the equipment we will be glad to help out with the O.I.B Bkfst.. We will be in two days early and we can see what we have...
Old 04-30-2008, 08:26 AM   #16
buschet1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7460
Bill & Lisa,

Sandy and I live only 10 minutes from the CG. I have a turkey frier as well. I would be happy to make a run to the house if you come up short on frier/cookers.

Tom
buschet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:23 AM   #17
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Tom and Sandy. Thanks. Please plan on bringing your turkery frier.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:08 AM   #18
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Okay, by my count we are up to 3 turkey Fryers (bullroc3, cdaniels, and buschet1). Would still like a fourth but at this point believe we can plan on going with the omlet in the bag breakfast.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:13 PM   #19
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I think 3 will do it..We can give it a try..the last count you gave was 28 units and I note at least 4 cancellations since then. We will see what we have at registration and go from there????? OK????
Old 05-05-2008, 04:53 PM   #20
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Sounds good. We had 28 when we spoke with Rick and Jeana this evening but don't think we had seen imp cancel yet.