Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2011, 04:02 AM   #1
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Trav'ler Problem

I bought a Trav'ler dish last fall and it worked great. A couple of weeks ago I was putting it in the store position and it stopped so I manually stored it and then tried it again it did the same thing so I phoned Winegard and they told me to take it to a dealer. The dealer had the same thing happen so they called Winegard who instructed them on how to reconfigure it which didn't work. After that they told the dealer that they were sending a whole new turret section to replace the one that is on the Montana. They want their Engineers to find out what is wrong. Apparently this is a first as far as the dealer understands. All that is going to be original on the roof is the base plate, dish and LNB. When I phoned this dealer he asked me if I was one of his customers and I said no and he told me he could not fit me for a week which as they where extremely busy. I also told him it was bought from CW in Wilsonville, Oregon. But I would not deal with them in the Burlington, Wa store He understood as they were already fixing some of their screw ups. The service staff at Paulsbo RV in MT. Vernon so far has been great To deal with. I was also happy with Winegards service at trying to get to the bottom of the problem and then replacing instead of trying to fix something they have not run into before.

hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:37 PM   #2
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
CW is not the best on mounting dishes on roofs to make them work. They don't hire capble people to do the work, The guy that put ours on said if he can't watch it in rabit ears forget it and have a beer...sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
The people in Wilsonville,Or are very good. I was very pleased with their work, after installing it the teck took it outside and made sure it operated properly before he released it. The Burlington,Wa CW is a different story. Wilsonville is owned by CW Burlington is a franchise.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote