Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2009, 01:45 AM   #1
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49

Since the forum has done a update on there website I have lost all my avatars for each person. Altought the signature pics are there, the avatars aren't. My guess is that I must do some sort of update, not sure where to go to get that. Sure someone has the answer.

Thanks
Dave

Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:54 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Dave,
There was a post that the AVATAR Server is down. I do not think you have to do anything. We just have to wait on the Server folks to fix the problem.

SEMPER FI
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:28 AM   #3
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
I wish the avatars would return. I'm starting to forget what I look like.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:08 AM   #4
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Thanks......somehow I missed that post.......maybe its an age thing who knows
Old 10-08-2009, 03:10 AM   #5
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
By the way John, just want to thank you for your service in the best military group there is. To put that many yrs into the Corps says a lot for the man in my book.

Thanks again!
Dave
Old 10-08-2009, 03:36 AM   #6
paperheart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7541
While we're on Avatars John,
You posted another thread but thought this one would work too. Yes, I want our pic from the rally used as our Avatar. The question I have is this: the old Avatar is the pic I want for the signature only I need it larger. How to I get it there and how do I adjust the size?
Thanks, Phil and Janie aka paperheart
paperheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:34 AM   #7
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by paperheart

You posted another thread but thought this one would work too. Yes, I want our pic from the rally used as our Avatar. The question I have is this: the old Avatar is the pic I want for the signature only I need it larger. How to I get it there and how do I adjust the size?
This is how I understand the AVATARs work. The picture you submit is cropped into a 1 x 1 format, and submit to the AVATAR server. When submitted the server reduces the size down to the postage stamp size. Once reduced it can not be enlarged with any quality.

So to put the current avatar picture in your signature you would need the original to have any quality. If you have that I can help you put it in your signature.

Yes I can submit your 09 Fall Rally photo for avatar. It will not get there until the avatar server is back.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:39 AM   #8
paperheart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7541
Thanks John, I am wanting to use the old Avatar (rig)for the other pic like everyone has with the weather and stuff. I particularly like RC/Samantha's. pic with weather on top and bottom. So, how do I do that with my original pic that is stored on my computer? Hope this makes sense.
Janie
PS We all really appreciate the countless hours you spend on our mug shots, hahaha
Old 10-08-2009, 11:52 AM   #9
KathyandDave
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8693
Send a message via MSN to KathyandDave
Who was that beautiful woman in my avatar? I'd love to meet her!
KathyandDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:13 PM   #10
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by paperheart

Photos must be reduced according to this topic. It is recommended between 60 to 100 Kbs. I go for 60 but that is me.

Now you upload your photo on your computer to one of the photo servers on the forum. I use PHOTOBUCKET, others use TINYPIC, and PICASA (by Google). These services can also reduce the photo size. Once reduced they even have the proper code for you use.
Forumco requires the code that has [img] etc on it.

Once you have the photo on the internet server and in the proper size click on the [img] code, save it and then paste it in your signature block.

Here is a slide show I put together on photo in Signature block.

If you still have problems let me know and I will see where I can help. Worse case you send it to me and I will save it on tinypic.
Remember these web photo places are free and open to the public. I hope this helps.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:22 AM   #11
paperheart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7541
Thanks John,
I'm going to try it when I get a minute, hope I can do it, if not I'll yell for help! We are leaving in a day or 2 for our fall trip to the Covered Bridge Festivals. It has done nothing but rain here for days so hope it stops. Thanks again John, you do so much for the MOC.
Janie
Old 10-09-2009, 04:12 AM   #12
paperheart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7541
WooHoo I did it! John you're a genius! Now, how do I get the temperature bar on there, I'm on a roll. I only have 1 temperature, HOME, haha
Warmly, Janie
Old 10-09-2009, 04:29 AM   #13
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Glenn has this link for the Weather bar on the MOC WEB PAGE
If you have not cruised through the WEB I suggest you do. There is a wealth of information there.

I expect positive results on the weather gizmo too.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:38 AM   #14
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Nice job Janie! One step at a time! WAHOOOO!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:10 AM   #15
paperheart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7541
OK, how do I leave off the pic when making several posts on the same topic? Sorry everyone, I'm still learning. But-- now you have emblazoned in your minds a a pic of our home! Will Glen's topic show me how to center pic in the space?
Thanks, Janie
Old 10-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #16
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
To drop your "signature" remove the check mark at the bottom of the text box.
If you use the box at the bottom of this post (quick reply) the check mark is bottom left corner. If you use the REPLY TO TOPIC to post your reply it is below the text box.

To center your picture you put [center] before the part you want centered and [/center] at the end. You can copy them from this post.

If you use the REPLY to TOPIC there is a center icon up at the top. You high light all the text (image link) you want to center and then click the center ICON.

Hope this helps. Practice makes it worth while. You can use the preview reply to see what it looks like.

If you get fancy you may want to copy your signature block in word or notes so you have the original. Make changes and if you like it copy them too.

Good luck and enjoy the new experience.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:04 AM   #17
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Your Weather Gizmo...

[url="http://www.wunderground.com/US/IN/Warsaw.html?bannertypeclick=big2"][img]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/gizmotimetempbig/language/www/US/IN/Warsaw.gif" alt="Click for Warsaw, Indiana Forecast" border="0" height="40" width="467[/img][/url]

Simply COPY and PASTE the above in it's entirety into your signature block. DO NOT make any changes.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:33 PM   #18
paperheart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7541
By Golly, I think I have it! Thanks to all of you who helped me. We wouldn't even have the Montana and all of the towing accessories that go along with it if we hadn't had help from the great Moc team and their experience. Especially you Glenn with the help about the Superglide. We are so glad that we made that choice.
Ok, I'm off to add more stuff, haha
Warmly, Janie
Old 10-09-2009, 02:59 PM   #19
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Excellent work Janie! Looks really really nice! WAHOOOOOO!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:24 PM   #20
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Way to go. Glad to see it working.