Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Rio Grande Winter Texans
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2005, 02:59 PM   #1
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
Trap Shooting

Iam going to arrive in RGV somewhere around the 1st week of January and have decided to wait until I get there and look around before I decide which Park to stay for a couple of months.
Has anyone done any trap shooting or know of any trap shooting ranges in the valley?
Bill

William H. Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 04:20 PM   #2
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
The phone book has one listed in Mission.
"Mission Skeet & Trap Club
1001 S. Conway
583- 5996". Area code 956?
There may be others.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 01:59 PM   #3
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Bill - Great Topic!! I hope you get some information, I love to shoot sporting clay, this will be my first time down in the valley. I wanted to take my shotgun in hopes of breaking some clays.
I will keep my eye on your post, see if a range shows up. I will only be down there for a few weeks, prehaps we can bust a few clays togeather should you find a spot.

Later John Hogan (aka Hemlockusa)
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 03:14 PM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Will keep an eye on this post so when we come to RGV in a year or two we'll know what you found. We just found a box of clays in our garage rafters and the thrower. Been there for 10 years.
Happy trails.........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 02:43 AM   #5
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Bill - I checked out my Sporting Clay Magazine and they list Mission Texas, it is about 5 miles south west of Mc Allen on the map MISSION SKEET AND TRAP CLUB 956-583-5996 - Looks like they had a registered sporting clay shoot November 20th . I would suspect that if you called that number they would direct you to a few more Shooting clubs in the area.

See You Down The Road - Later John Hogan (aka Hemlockusa)
Old 11-29-2005, 06:53 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Same here.Just happen to have a Rem 870 29 barrel and also into sport shooting so would be interested in clubs in the RGV area..Will be down there next winter...Rich& Helen
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 02:12 PM   #7
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
I have an 870 TB also and will be bringing it with me to the valley. It would be nice to get a group together and do some shooting if we can find a place.
Bill
Old 11-29-2005, 03:18 PM   #8
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Bill - I called Mission Skeet and Trap and left a message, as it sounds like they are not open but weekends, I asked if someone would call me in regards to the clubs in the area. I will let everyone know what I find out. If worst come's to worst we can always have the DW'S toss stuff from the top of our Montana's. I am sure that Linda, Helen, Mary, Sue and my Christa wouldn't mind!!!! ha ha I just need to figure out how I can haul my loading equipment, powder, shot and primers with me. I should advise Keystone that I need an extra SLIDE... ho ho ho

Later John Hogan (aka Hemlockusa)
Old 11-30-2005, 02:31 AM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Helen knows how to work the equipment .I will try to find some gun clubs in the valley through the club we belong to here.Once did all my own reloading but got out of it..Don't shoot as much as we once did.Doing homework of various state laws regarding transporting firearms..www.packing.org is a good site for information...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:12 PM   #10
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
I spent this afternoon at Mission Trap and Skeet and got in 4 rounds of trap. They shoot Wed. afternoons and Sunday afternoons. There was a great bunch of guys out their this afternoon, most of them were winter Texans. It was not very busy today however they told me Sunday usually has a few more. It is a really nice facility about a 1/2 mile south of Mission on Conway St. Anyone interested let me know, I definetly plan on going back.
Bill