Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
H E L P - TV Sound

I always thought that I was somewhat handy and could figure out just about anything. Well that was until I tried without success to get my Samsung TV sound to work through the Samsung DVD/CD/FM surround sound receiver and speakers. Well almost surround ... a middle speaker and a left and right. I can't find any woofer although I haven't ripped the couches out ... yet. The unit didn't come with user guides and the ones I pulled from the internet don't help a whole bunch. The system appears to be a Keystone special. Perhaps one of you folks has a solved a similar dilemma with a solution easy enough for me to understand.

moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
We set our surrond sound all from the remote. I believe from the sound field section.If that helps. The sub woofer is probably hiding in one of your cabinets. Every one that I have seen before has been in a cabinet.
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
trlrboy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7697
Our surround sound only works with the DVD player and never with just the TV. I've tried checking everything. I gave up.
trlrboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:17 PM   #4
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Our woofer is in the cabinet above the tv.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:15 AM   #5
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Not Samsung, but to get mine to work that way I had to add an audio cable from the TV audio-out to the DVD/sound system audio-in. Then when I turn on the TV, I have to select the appropriate source on the DVD/sound system.
Your Samsung probably has a speaker setup feature somewhere hidden in the menus. If so, it probably also has an individual speaker adjustment feature where you can individually adjust the sound level of each speaker one at a time. If you find that, when you get to the subwoofer, you should be able to find out where the sound is coming from.
Try turning on the TV and the DVD system. Hit the menu button (if it has one) and check all the setup options. Or if all else fails, read the manual. But do that as a last resort.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:27 AM   #6
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
Thanks to all for your assistance and comments.
moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:54 PM   #7
RonT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9360
I believe you can only get stereo from the Samsung tv--red, white RCA jacks which is what I am doing. Our sub-woofer is in the space behind the fireplace.
RonT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:07 AM   #8
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
I had same problem sort of, could not get the tv to the surround sound. Not enough audio jacks to communicate. There was how ever a single jack on the tv as well as in the front of the stereo where you could plug in head phones. Got a cable that would fit both jacks, plugged in the tv and stereo and dogone if I didn't end up with surround sound for the tv. Don't know if you have these head phone jacks, but you might check and see. Good luck
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote