Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Insurance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2018, 12:06 PM   #21
BiggarView
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
Just a thought, but why not buy 100, 200 or 300 shares(whatever your ES contract budget is) of AT&T currently paying $2.00 per share in dividends per year instead of the ES contract. Just let the dividends pile up and withdraw them as needed for repairs to supplement money that should already be in your repair budget since ES contracts never cover everything ((deductibles etc). If you get a really big repair that you can't cover from the saved dividends and yearly added cash from your budget, you sell stock to cover it. You get a nice return, it pays for most if not all your repairs and if you are lucky money left over when all is said and done.

Just me but, AT&T is cheap at current prices and you'll likely get some price appreciation along the way. To heck with ES contracts... self insure. Buying stock is not scary stuff.
But we do have a very nice veggie garden. LOL
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:38 PM   #22
Eagleback
Montana Master

Location: Full Timer In Naples, Irma tried to kill us, but were still here.
M.O.C. #15731
WE have corner stone for another 3 years. already paid for itself. cooling unit went out after warranty. love it and will have it again.
2017, 3500 Ram Big Horn, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, Aisin, 4:10. Curt Q20, 2014 Mountaineer 331 RLT
Eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:34 PM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Yes the warranty must be "exclusionary" and what is NOT covered will be clearly listed. The repair facilities also prefer to be paid by electronic transfer. It is also very important to read the contract as the most common reason for a claim being denied is the contract holder did not get prior approval.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:23 AM   #24
barryn
Established Member

M.O.C. #13517
Extended Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking View Post
Yes thatís right. I cancelled the extended warranties that Crapping World ďhelpedĒ me buy (I know, I had to participate in the purchase too!). But, by canceling the $7200 (all of them added) I save that $7200+ the $7200 that pays down my loan + over $7000 in interest on the loan! ��
That was for a 4 year warranty, so now I am self-insured. Course I canít really travel for 3+ years, til I retire! So I think will work out fine. Especially the $1100 tire warranty which will buy my new tires when I do hit the road! Live and learn.
They always want you to put it on your loan. We do not do that, Just in case we cancel we get the refund back in cash. If it is in the Loan, it goes back to the Bank to pay down on the loan. THEY NRVER TELL YOU THAT!!!!! So we pay cash for it to use the money to help pay for the repair they refuse to pay for. When buying an RV, at the end of the deal, if we decide to purchase an extended warranty, we pay cash for it. We have found that this is the best way to do that, or put your cash in a CD , interest rates looking pretty good now. Loan rates are sucking really BAD now! NOW AM JUST SAYING...Ö.
barryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:36 AM   #25
barryn
Established Member

M.O.C. #13517
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz View Post
that sounds about what i am being quoted. $3300 for 6 years.
don't do it. Buy stock or put money in a cd
barryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:37 AM   #26
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
[QUOTE=barryn;1123039]don't do it. Buy stock or put money in a cd[/QUOTE

The DOW was about 8000 ten years ago now itís about 26000. Thatís over 4 X increase. If you had put the money in the bank the interest would barely cover inflation, if it did. And itís been that way for the 40 + years Iíve been investing.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:08 AM   #27
MidMOTraveler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20688
We just bought a 5 year old class “C” strictly for 2 years of Alaska & western NP’s
( Yes we’ve lost our minds) keeping 5’er also.
Wholesale Warranties was $1K less than Good Sam
for 3 years unlimited miles. GS 3 year 36 K miles
Before WW would underwrite they sent an independent inspector who spent 3 hours going over coach. This was the most through fine tooth comb deal I’ve ever seen! Had me real nervous cause we had already paid cash for motor home. If something fails it’s your expense to repair then reinspect to be included in warranty.
Inspection passed with NO issues!
Now this 5 year old motor home has a better warranty than it did when sold NEW !
It pays to check around!
PS we have GS 84 month warranty on 5’er it was $4400 ( they will negotiate $ on warranty)
MidMOTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote