Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2019, 10:48 AM   #1
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
TV Upgrade Time 2955RL

Haven't been on the forum much the last couple of years, but need some help now. We are wanting to get rid of the old original TV in the living room in our 2955 RL and upgrade to a flat screen. I have searched a lot of the old posts, but find them to be quite aged. Some apparently had some great photos I was interested in, but they're no longer available. I'm interested in the best mounting method for the new TV in the existing hole. Any conversions done more recently, and what did you use for a mount? I am wanting to do a permanent mount; ie: I don't want to have to put TV on bed for transport or anything like that. TIA Clyde

Clyde n Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:22 PM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Here is one from a few days ago that started about a DVD player but ended about a TV replace. I posted the same pictures long ago but could not find that post.

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=77732
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:47 PM   #3
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I had a 2955 that I made a TV mount for. I used a piece of 3/4 plywood, glued and screws a 1x4 on the bottom to support the TV and secured the TV with the 4 screws through the back. Then installed hinges on one side and a latch on the other. Then fixed it so it was resting on 2 pins so I wasn’t depending on the hinges to secure it. There is a lot of storage behind it that I didn’t won’t to loose.
Sorry I don’t have pictures but that was several years ago.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 02:34 PM   #4
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
Thanks for the replies so far. The pictures are always a big help. I'm afraid once I open this can of worms, I'll be buying new surround sound, etc. too. I found mention in an older post of some Mor/Ryde mounts that slide in and out. (Part # TV40-001H and TV40-001H-S). The company that sells them is closed for the weekend now, but I'm trying to find out if anyone has used them or know if they lock in place when retracted for travel?
https://tweetys.com/search.aspx?find=tv40-001
Clyde n Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:01 PM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
If you do any boondocking, get an LED flat screen. You won't believe the difference in draw.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:53 PM   #6
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
We don’t watch a lot of TV, just the occasional DVD. We just bought a cheapie 32” from Best Buy for $112.00, And plan to order a wall mount from Amazon. Since the TV only weighs 8 1/2 pounds, I think a simple vertical 2x4 brace should do nicely. The cabinet for the old one is finished well enough for storage, and I don’t have nearly the skills of BB_TX.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 06:14 PM   #7
footz1941
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde n Deb View Post
Haven't been on the forum much the last couple of years, but need some help now. We are wanting to get rid of the old original TV in the living room in our 2955 RL and upgrade to a flat screen. I have searched a lot of the old posts, but find them to be quite aged. Some apparently had some great photos I was interested in, but they're no longer available. I'm interested in the best mounting method for the new TV in the existing hole. Any conversions done more recently, and what did you use for a mount? I am wanting to do a permanent mount; ie: I don't want to have to put TV on bed for transport or anything like that. TIA Clyde
Buy a universal swing out mount from Amazon or Best Buy A Velcro strap will hold it in place while traveling It will swing out to access space behind the tv. Makes a great liquor storage spot
Rex and Patsy
footz1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 06:31 AM   #8
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by footz1941 View Post
Buy a universal swing out mount from Amazon or Best Buy A Velcro strap will hold it in place while traveling It will swing out to access space behind the tv. Makes a great liquor storage spot
Good to where Rex hides the good stuff
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote