Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-10-2018, 12:19 PM   #41
Popnascar
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 10
M.O.C. #22722
Ghost again

12/10/18 79 Days now and counting!!
Popnascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:30 AM   #42
beeje
Montana Master
 
beeje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: westminster md
Posts: 915
M.O.C. #17894
If I was you, I would have taken the unit back from the dealer (long ago) to my heated storage and fixed it myself. I know this lets keystone off the hook, but in the long run at least you will know it is repaired correctly.
__________________
2014 GMC 3500 Dually diesel 4x4 CCLB Curt q24
2011 Montana 3455 SA 6 point level up Disc brakes
Progressive EMS Valterra tank valves Sailun G637 tires Adp fridge control All led lighting
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:24 AM   #43
CaptnJohn
Montana Master
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: South East NC
Posts: 1,219
M.O.C. #19865
I believe a lot of the wait times are dealer related. 1st many put warranty work on a back burner for slow times. My dealer has used inventory parts to get me on the road quickly. Warranty or not I've never had more than a 3 week wait for work to begin, and this is a huge CW. Even then, they would rather not store it but take pictures for Keystone and let me use it until they are ready and bring it back the day before work is to begin.
__________________
John & Patty
2019 Montana 3761FL
2016 Lariat F350 4X4
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 07:03 PM   #44
Popnascar
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 10
M.O.C. #22722
Hello again from what Keystone calls Ghost!! Tank fell out September 23,2018. The RV is still at the shop and I havenít heard a word. So including the first four trips to the dealer, this Montana has been unusable for 47 percent of the time since we bought and paid for it. Itís turning in to a challenge now to see if it will end up usable for less than half the time weíve owned it. Any body want in on pool on a back in service date!!!!!🤪
Popnascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 07:30 PM   #45
CaptnJohn
Montana Master
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: South East NC
Posts: 1,219
M.O.C. #19865
This is really a stupid one. I would expect the dealer to step up and argue with Keystone later after a reasonable 2-3 weeks. The repair is not a huge cost. I have a hard head and September is when my season begins. Not hearing anything long ago I would have had the dealer fix it out of pocket. Then I matter how much more it cost my lawyer would have been on both no matter how many lawyers they have. I would also have paid for a publicity stink.
__________________
John & Patty
2019 Montana 3761FL
2016 Lariat F350 4X4
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 08:44 AM   #46
RoadRunnerTR21
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Trinidad, TX
Posts: 410
M.O.C. #20746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popnascar View Post
Hello again from what Keystone calls Ghost!! Tank fell out September 23,2018. The RV is still at the shop and I haven’t heard a word. So including the first four trips to the dealer, this Montana has been unusable for 47 percent of the time since we bought and paid for it. It’s turning in to a challenge now to see if it will end up usable for less than half the time we’ve owned it. Any body want in on pool on a back in service date!!!!!��

Who is the dealer that is doing the "repairs"?
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4 Dually Cummins Aisin CC LB / B&W Companion hitch
50 Gallon Transfer Flow in bed tank w/ Trax 3
2018 Montana 3121RL
RoadRunnerTR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 01:18 PM   #47
richfaa
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North Ridgeville
Posts: 19,467
M.O.C. #2839
Last time we had to replace a tank it took 3 weeks for the dealer to get it after the order.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 05:27 PM   #48
Popnascar
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 10
M.O.C. #22722
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
This is really a stupid one. I would expect the dealer to step up and argue with Keystone later after a reasonable 2-3 weeks. The repair is not a huge cost. I have a hard head and September is when my season begins. Not hearing anything long ago I would have had the dealer fix it out of pocket. Then I matter how much more it cost my lawyer would have been on both no matter how many lawyers they have. I would also have paid for a publicity stink.
How do I do a publicity stink???
Popnascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 05:27 PM   #49
Popnascar
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 10
M.O.C. #22722
Pierce Rv Billings
Popnascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 05:46 AM   #50
Dave W
Montana Master
 
Dave W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 688
M.O.C. #14547
I know what I would do, warranty repair or not. After 2-3 weeks and my RV is still sitting without any sign of work being done. I would request (demand!) what part I needed either the part itself or the part number, drag the unit home and fix it myself even if it cost a few hundred bucks. But with that said, I do realize that not all have the physical ability, tools or a place to do the work and you are stuck with a stealership doing the work.


Good luck!
__________________
Dave W
Traveling with my DW Susan, a couple poodlepups and our 2014 Montana High Country 343RL, being towed by a 6.7 2011 F250 CCLB using a B&W hitch and OEM puck system
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 08:00 AM   #51
psomers
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northport
Posts: 460
M.O.C. #12724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popnascar View Post
I assume SOB means some other brand. Anyone with experience with Arctic Fox?? It's coming up on 6 weeks since the tank fell out. No work on it as yet. Keystone says they'll remove and replace it. Interesting since it's not there!!! I'd try to trade it off if I had it. Maybe I'll just go Ghost again.
Ever heard of Vanleigh rvs? They're not cheap. Van Tiffin is son of Bob Tiffin owner of Allegro.
__________________

Paul Northport,AL W4XH
2013 358 RLT Mountaineer
2008 Silverado Duramax
psomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 11:58 AM   #52
CaptnJohn
Montana Master
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: South East NC
Posts: 1,219
M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
I know what I would do, warranty repair or not. After 2-3 weeks and my RV is still sitting without any sign of work being done. I would request (demand!) what part I needed either the part itself or the part number, drag the unit home and fix it myself even if it cost a few hundred bucks. But with that said, I do realize that not all have the physical ability, tools or a place to do the work and you are stuck with a stealership doing the work.


Good luck!
If you have a good dealer you do not need luck! My dealer has never had any of my units longer than 3 weeks for anything. That includes my last 5er that was in for body work when it was hit. If a large dealer that has a service manager that knows how to get things submitted things move quickly, both in warranty and out.
__________________
John & Patty
2019 Montana 3761FL
2016 Lariat F350 4X4
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 12:01 PM   #53
CaptnJohn
Montana Master
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: South East NC
Posts: 1,219
M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by psomers View Post
Ever heard of Vanleigh rvs? They're not cheap. Van Tiffin is son of Bob Tiffin owner of Allegro.
We looked at them in 2017. Very nice but pricey. At the time they did not have a floor plan we would even consider. I was in to pick up supplies for our snowbird trip and saw a new batch of them but did not check any out inside. Our MH was a Tiffin so when they started 5ers we were interested.
__________________
John & Patty
2019 Montana 3761FL
2016 Lariat F350 4X4
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 12:26 PM   #54
Dave W
Montana Master
 
Dave W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 688
M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
If you have a good dealer you do not need luck! My dealer has never had any of my units longer than 3 weeks for anything. That includes my last 5er that was in for body work when it was hit. If a large dealer that has a service manager that knows how to get things submitted things move quickly, both in warranty and out.

That's the catch - a good dealer. And most are mediocre at best with many that are horrible or worse.
__________________
Dave W
Traveling with my DW Susan, a couple poodlepups and our 2014 Montana High Country 343RL, being towed by a 6.7 2011 F250 CCLB using a B&W hitch and OEM puck system
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 08:01 PM   #55
Rusty17
Established Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Murphysboro
Posts: 21
M.O.C. #22541
If not already a member, feel free to look up the 3120/21rl Montana Owners Facebook page and join.
Rusty17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fresh, tank, water

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Montana RV, Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.