Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2006, 06:37 AM   #1
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
A place to avoid

When we went to pick up our new trailer on 8/15, we had made reservations at The Prospect campground on 44th avenue in Denver. We were trading our old trailer and as we live 200+ miles away, I had cleaned the tanks in anticipation of the trade. We intended to use the facilities at the campground so the tanks would stay clean. Upon arrival prior to 5pm (their stated summer hours were supposed to be till 6pm), there was no one in the office but a map showing where we were to camp was taped to the door. Upon finding the restrooms locked, I called the emergency number posted on the office door and was told that we could'nt use the facilities until morning. When I said that wasn't acceptable-I was told to pack it up and get out of the campground! THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I wouldn't recommend this place at all.

2002 GMC 2500HD Ext cab 4x4, D/A, Bilstiens, Hellwig rear sway bar, air lift w/in cab control
2007 Mountaineer 31RLD TT
Zodiac 10' w/4hp mercury

ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:26 AM   #2
syplace
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1666
That is terrible treatment. I hope you told him you would be posting his response on the internet. We will not be stopping there for sure.

John & Marianne
2005 3295RK w/Trail Air Hitch
2003 3500 Chevy duramax allison, 4x4 dualwheels
syplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:21 AM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I couldn't imagine staying in that part of Denver anyway! A little scary. Next time give us a call and we can give you some guidance on some nicer places, we are part of MOCTAP.

Besides, I'm always breaking down in Grand Junction and might need to ask you sometime. Last time we stayed in the Ford dealer parking lot, right where the tow truck dropped us - No hookups but it was free!

Brad & Dory

[img]http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniWeather2_cond/language/www/US/CO/Littleton.gif" border=0
alt="Click for Littleton, Colorado Forecast" height=50 width=150[/img]

2003 2955RL - 5.5KW LP Gen - great for the lake!
2006 F350 Stroker Lariat towmoter - love the trans shift and integrated brake controller.
'95 SeaRay 200BR named Dam-It - occassional tow buddy

I ain't as good as I once was - but I'm as good once as I always was - Toby Keith
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:20 AM   #4
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
The campground is right across from the truck stop at the Ward road exit. It is decent as we had stayed there before. It is quite a ways back off of 44th. I wanted to stay there because we got our new rig from Casey's rv, next to camping world which was only about a 1/2 mile away from the campground. Terrific treatment from Casey's by the way.

When you are out this way, there are a number of nice campgrounds in the area. Island acres (State)& Colorado River @ Fruita (State) both are nice and have full hooks. There is a private CG (rated 5 star I think) right off I70 at exit 37 (Clifton).

How cum you're always breaking down?

2002 GMC 2500HD Ext cab 4x4, D/A, Bilstiens, Hellwig rear sway bar, air lift w/in cab control
2007 Mountaineer 31RLD TT
Zodiac 10' w/4hp mercury
ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 12:01 PM   #5
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
ARJ,

I now understand why you chose that place given the location to Casey's. 44th avenue can get a little rougher to the east of that, but there by Applewood is probably not too bad.

I appreciate the info on Campgrounds in Grand Junction, as I've had trouble finding any online. Seems like something always breaks before the Utah State Line! Last year it was the ignition module. This year our first reservation was Fruita (Monument I think). Transmission went out east of GJ before we could make it. This time we just traded for a new truck and had to wait an additional day for the Dealer to swap the hitch. Western Slope Ford were super folks, as they let us stay there for two nights, gave us a new Ford 500 to drive around, and jumped through hoops to work the hitch. Not a bad deal either, considering we were towed in.

That's good to know there are some spots right in GJ, as I need to make a trip there before season close to see my Dad. He lives there somewhere off of Mescalaro Ave.

Brad & Dory
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote