Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > TIRES, Montana Tires
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2014, 02:22 PM   #21
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
My trip was less than 200 miles at the end of a season where I put less than 2000 miles on the trailer, when I lost a Marathon. It wasn't hot (Oct. in NE), the pressure was right where it should be. I didn't get a blowout, just a bubble in the sidewall. My point is, I don't think it matters much how far you're going. If it's going to fail, it's going to fail. It's the quality of the tire. Some are ok, most aren't.

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:37 PM   #22
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I cannot speak on the Marathon's as my Montana came with Tacoma tires back in 2004. If you search the archives, you will find many threads regarding the Tacoma tires and how they were junk and did not last - just like you are seeing now with the Marathon tires. I can say that after 8 years and over 50,000 miles I never had a blowout, loss of pressure, or one ounce of trouble with the Tacoma tires. In fact when I traded the Montana in for my current coach, it still had the OEM Tacoma tires on it. I should also say that when I placed the order for my current coach, I made sure I selected the G-614's on the option list for two reasons. First; for my peace of mind, and second; I knew my new coach would be pushing almost 16,500 lbs loaded and I wanted a stronger tire. If you are uncomfortable with having the Marathon tires, I would swap them out with for new wheels and G rated tire. When looking at the big picture in what one pays for a new 5th wheel and truck, upgrading the wheels/tires to a higher capacity is a pretty cheap investment - especially if you are going to keep your current coach for a few years.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote