Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2010, 01:59 AM   #1
WaltandLynne
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10151
Air Ride Hitch preferences

Okay, here is my next question. (Sincerely, I don't know what we would do without your folks!) From the answers posted to my previous question (TrailerSaver vs. Reese),it seems like most of you really like your air ride hitches. Yipes, they are expensive! So, now my next question is about the different brands of air rides. I have only talked to one rep from Trailer Saver. What other choices are there and do you see any differences?

Again, thanking you in advance.

Lynne

WaltandLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:24 AM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Have only had the TS, could not comment on other brands. We would buy again if I needed another hitch...
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:02 AM   #3
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WaltandLynne

Okay, here is my next question. (Sincerely, I don't know what we would do without your folks!) From the answers posted to my previous question (TrailerSaver vs. Reese),it seems like most of you really like your air ride hitches. Yipes, they are expensive! So, now my next question is about the different brands of air rides. I have only talked to one rep from Trailer Saver. What other choices are there and do you see any differences?

Again, thanking you in advance.

Lynne
I, like exav8tr, only have experience with TrailerSaver so can't comment on anything else. However, if you are around this forum any length of time, you will see me write that you get what you pay for over and over and over. They may seem expensive at first layout but you have to evaluate it over the long term. I wouldn't purchase a TS if I were only going to do some weekend camping or a once a year vacation, but if you intend to do a lot of traveling, then for the money I don't believe you can go wrong.

Please note that I have no affiliation with Hensley who manufactures the TS hitch, but the original inventor is a member of the Escapees RV Club, of which I am a lifetime member.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:43 AM   #4
RickW
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9139
I personally use the ET hitch http://www.ethitch.com/ but the ET is specifically designed for use on a Class 7/8 truck. Owners of TrailerSavers that I have spoken with are also very happy with their hitches as well. Both the ET & TrailerSaver use the same Binkley Head built by Holland Hitch.
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote