Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2007, 08:47 AM   #1
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
New Recliners

We are starting to look for a couple of new recliners for the Monty. Since they have to be about 33 inches wide it limits what is available. Yesterday we went to the local Lazy Boy store and they only had two models that were narrow enough. The one that came in leather wasn't comfortable and the one that was comfortable didn't come in leather.

Can those of you that have replaced your recliners recommend and brand and model?

Thanks

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:00 AM   #2
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
We bought Flex Steel Euro Recliners and find them very comfortable
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:06 AM   #3
billaero1
Established Member

M.O.C. #104
You may want to try www.bestchairs.com. We purchased two Wallaway type recliners that are considerably lighter weigh than the original swivel-rocker-recliners and replaced the couch with a loveseat. The price was't bad either--- under $2k.
billaero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:43 PM   #4
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
We replaced ours with Lazy Boy. The leather is very soft and the chair is very comfortable.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:49 PM   #5
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
We found two Wine colored Leather Lazy Boy swivel rocker recliners and they are 32"wide and for us they seem very comfortable. We sat in about everyone they had.
Will go in the Big Sky in place of the stock ones/.
RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:27 PM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
We replaced ours with Ekornis swivel recliners with ottomans. The flip out recliners never fit my build. These are much lighter than any of the lazyboys. Even Dianna can put them out or tuck them away for travel. The ottoman stows easily upside down in the seat of the chair. They are fantastically comfortable and well built. We bought in two sizes to fit each of us.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:10 PM   #7
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
I just measured my Lazy Boys and they are 38" wide. we put them sideways facing each other and have them kiss a bit in the center of the back. The slides don't even touch them and we store the magazine rack behind the one chair or the other against the sidewall of the trailer. We didn't think they would fit at first but put them and tried them out. They weigh half what the stock chairs weigh and are twice as comfortable. We also left the end table at the sticks and bricks and brought our end table/magazine rack which is a bit skinnier that the stock table, it all fits fine. We took the stock chairs in the house and tried using them as home recliners and they suck rocks. Hard on the back and have no way to stiffen them up so they stay open. The Lazy Boys have adjustment wing nuts that tighten to give some resistance to the folding mechanism... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:59 PM   #8
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
We bought berkliner like ekonimis with foot stools for 800.00 for 2 in leather here in fl
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:06 PM   #9
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I ordered two Lazy Boy recliners last year that were in stock at the store in a cloth material. All I had to do was order the same chair in the leather material of my choice. Took about 4 weeks to get them in. It is my understanding that anything Lazy Boy has in stock can be ordered in any fabric or material they sell -- or at least that is what the sales lady told me when I ordered my two recliners --.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote