Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2018, 02:12 PM   #1
ExPatNW
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10319
Thumbs up TST 507 TPMS Repeater

Wanted to share with this with the group. We originally had a 36' Mountaineer with the TST 507 TPMS. It worked great and warned as twice on one trip to Canada about tires failing (Marathons). Would not want to be without it.

We have now had a 3790RD for about a year and noticed that the system was not always reliable. Sometimes it would beep that it was no longer getting a signal from one of the tires. Sometimes it would not beep but the reading was clearly out of date. I searched on here and found that the general consensus was you did not need the repeater. I contacted TST and they were very helpful, telling me I did need the repeater (all new kits come with it btw now).

So I installed it last weekend. I wired it into the battery bay on the wall at the back, and then ran wires to the panel which has the LCI leveling control panel. There was a little space there to add a switch. I am happy that its a neat install. We only drove briefly back to storage - but certainly it worked fine then. Hopefully on longer drives it will prove to have fixed our problems.

Wanted to share in case others were having some lack of stability with the TST system. Overall, if I can get it stable again, I am very happy with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Panel.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	309.1 KB
ID:	1569  
ExPatNW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repeater, tpms, tst, tst507