Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2023, 08:10 AM   #1
Alwhite00

M.O.C. #32922
Black tank valve

Hello. New here. Not a fifth wheel but I have a new to me 2004 Montana Mountaineer 305FKS and this is our first trip since we got it in January. I arrived at the campground and wanted to dump my tanks to start fresh as the site is electric only.

Now the problem. I see the grey tank dump valve pull handle on the frame but no black tank handle. I do see a hole in the frame perpendicular to where the soil pipe goes into the underbelly. It was pouring rain so I couldn't investigate but if the pull cable is broken can I manually open the valve? (That I assume is there)

Alwhite00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 10:34 AM   #2
GAinaMontana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20747
I'm not familiar with your unit but here are a few suggestions. First, the biggest issue with holding tank valve repair is getting to them. You will probably have to drop the under belly or cut an access hole in the belly cover. Is it possible that the original owner put in an electric valve that would be controlled by a electric switch which could be located most anywhere in or on the unit. Possibly the handle and retaining nut and washer could have come off and the cable has fallen back in between the frame. If you have to access the valve from the bottom, I would suggest you replace the valve and cable with a Valtera brand valve. Not a hard job, but it will take several hours. As to your original question, if you can access the valve or the end of the cable you should be able to dump manually with the help of a pair of vice grip pliers. Good luck.
GAinaMontana is offline   Reply With Quote