Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2009, 08:50 AM   #1
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
Customer Feedback

As we read and encounter the many challenges and improvements by RV owners, does the RV industry or Keystone in particular send out a customer survey after their new product is sold and been in use for x number of months?
I know all other products that I bought new ( generator set as most recent, tractors, balers, gators, trucks, etc.) follow up with a survey for satisfaction and simply "what works great and where can we improve"? If so maybe I've been left out. How can one improve their product if you don't communicate with the customer/owner?

8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I have never received any such survey from Keystone or Montana but I have received such a survey with other products. In the past I have filled out these surveys with some good and some not so good comments BUT I have yet to receive a response from any of them. Not even a "Thank You" for completing their survey. I now file such surveys and the like in the circular file sitting in the corner by my desk.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:18 PM   #3
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
Quite interesting as in one particular case with a new Polaris Snowmobile I had a stator problem and when their survey came out I noted concern with the stator, and leaving us stranded aproximately 150 miles from our dealer in extreme weather conditions. I recieved a response from the Vice President of Marketing and in gesture he added another years warranty to my machine to ensure we were protected from further costs. We continue to buy Polaris products as both the dealer and manufacture were very compastionate in our situation. We've had similar positive situations with Deere and Ford on feedback. It does and has worked for use. I realize this is likely off topic but feedback does help for the manufacture to improve/ change their product. I note that with our Monty, the Dealer has made the contacts and completed the necessary footwork to ensure we have a usable and reputable unit.
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:38 PM   #4
mtpocket2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6098
"If you do not want to hear the answer do not ask the question".
mtpocket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #5
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
We recently received a survey from Keystone. I returned it with pretty good feedback as we have had an enjoyable experience with our new Big Sky. This came out of one of the Universities that was contracted by Keystone.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
We've never received a survey from Keystone. As a matter of fact I can not remember the last time we received a survey on any product we've bought. I suspect we received one from Ford but it's been at least 3 or 4 years ago and I can barely remember yesterday!

Most of the time a survey or registration of warranty info will simply result in your being added to a mailing list of some sort.

Travel safely,
HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:13 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Keystone Montana is at every fall rally and other rallies across the country . They attend our show and tells with a notebook. They seek advise. They ask our input on prototypes.Many of us know that input the MOC has provided has resulted in improvements. Not only Montana but many of the Vendors use us as a sounding board. There is also a feedback link on the Montana web site.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:30 PM   #8
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Out of 6 new 5th wheels we have never been sent a survey?? I think most know the reason. However Delaine sends dislikes and likes and suggestions to the manufactors. We in fact have gotten replys from Keystone. And also from the manufactors of SOB. Believe it or not some of her idea's and suggestions his been used. The SOB we have now has 17 different changes and some will be used in the future by the manufactors. Letters to the manufactors is the best way to get some issue's corrected, and for sure its much better than bashing on RV forums. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:02 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I've never seen a survey but we have been told by several Keystone personnel that they read this forum to find out where the problems are and to get ideas on what changes are needed. I don't think they ever post here but some of us have received emails asking for more information on our ideas and problems. Montana is the number one seller in North America for the past 8 years running and they can't maintain that record without at least listening to their customers. That doesn't mean they'll respond individually or make all the changes we'd like but it's nice to know they are listening.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #10
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Just this past Tuesday we did a tour of the Montana Factory. The NE Regional Manager, at least I think that was his title, was conducting the tour. I questioned why they continue to use the dry bolts and thin shackles. He said when concerns reach 50% or higher on a topic changes are discussed. I ask him 50% of what and he never responded but only said he would pass my wet bolt concerns on. Boy did I feel assured that was going to happen.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:53 AM   #11
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jimcol

Just this past Tuesday we did a tour of the Montana Factory. The NE Regional Manager, at least I think that was his title, was conducting the tour. I questioned why they continue to use the dry bolts and thin shackles. He said when concerns reach 50% or higher on a topic changes are discussed. I ask him 50% of what and he never responded but only said he would pass my wet bolt concerns on. Boy did I feel assured that was going to happen.
Jim,
I will bet it did happen. Aram and his district managers meet regularly and do discuss the on going problems of their customers. They get this info directly from their customers, such as you, and from this very forum. We have seen where an on going problem was corrected from info garnered from the MOC.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:35 AM   #12
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We recieved a survey after purchasing our Big Sky from Keystone. We answered with both the good and the not so good. I can't say that we have experienced anything really bad yet; just some minor adjustments that they will correct for us when we get to Goshen in September.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:30 AM   #13
Gramps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8903
Perhaps a note in the "Hey Keystone" section.
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:10 PM   #14
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
Glenn and Lorraine,

Would you provide some specific examples of ongoing problems that have been corrected by Montana from info garnered from the MOC?
Desert RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:30 AM   #15
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol

Jim,
I will bet it did happen. Aram and his district managers meet regularly and do discuss the on going problems of their customers. They get this info directly from their customers, such as you, and from this very forum. We have seen where an on going problem was corrected from info garnered from the MOC.
[/quote]
Glenn, I hope you are correct and I know some changes get made based on customer comments. I just didn't feel good when he couldn't tell me "50% of what"
Jim
Old 08-15-2009, 05:32 AM   #16
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
It only makes sense that Keystone would watch this forum. For free, they have a testing and research group.

If you think about it, we are the ones who use these units, not them. Their concerns should be to keep the strong customer base, so, they should continue to monitor our concerns and recommendations.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:23 AM   #17
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
No DesertRVver. I don't think any of us can provide documented evidence that any specific issue was solved or manufacturing process changed because of what any individual or group of MOC'ers said or did. Those of us who have been to the rallies or have had constructive communications with Keystone Montana know that things we have suggested have happened. Fixes we have suggested have happened.prototypes we have been asked to comment on have come about or never happened... Coincidence... perhaps??? We have seen the highest level of management for Montana and some of the vendors on their hands and knees under our rigs looking a our fixes and taking notes. It is sort of a you got to be there to experience it to have a reasonable understanding.Is it a all possible that a group of thousands of users of a product might be a valuable resourse....could be? ?? Will these things ever be perfect...no..will they ever be the way we think they should be....no. Will they ever make a unit that will completely satisfy me.....never. Part of the successful process is for every MOC'er to contribute constructive input.Like ...this is the problem.. this is how it affects me... here is a solution. Then don't think just because you said it..It will happen... You never know...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:19 AM   #18
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
Rich,

Your comment: "Those of us who have been to the rallies or have had constructive communications with Keystone Montana know that things we have suggested have happened"

Could you provide some specific examples?
Desert RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:57 AM   #19
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Desert RVer

Rich,

Your comment: "Those of us who have been to the rallies or have had constructive communications with Keystone Montana know that things we have suggested have happened"

Could you provide some specific examples?
I believe that the new sewer boom was a result of them seeing one at a rally that an owner had added to his rig. Although, from the factory, it is a bit too short. In my opinion, it needs to be twice as long, pivot down, and have a gate valve added at the end of the 3" dump pipe. At least, that's what I modded on mine, and they can have a look at it in September at the Fall Rally.

KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:06 PM   #20
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Those of us who came here (to the MOC) in the Dark Ages will remember that on the 3295 the water pump switch is in the very rear of the coach, and is NOT accessible when we are closed up and on the road. We did a lot of moaning and groaning about that set up, our fix, was to add an additional switch in the mid coach area, leave the rear switch on all the time, and use the mid coach switch to turn power on to the pump.

That rear "cannot reach it even if I can climb over the kitchen sink" switch disappeared not long after the moanin' sessions here on the MOC, and appeared mid coach.

IIRC, SteveR was told that the posts here on the MOC pointed the design team to the correct wiring format.

I personally have seen other improvements that were first introduced here, or requested and discussed here, added to the line. Again, from the Dark Ages, there were NO King size mattresses. You have em now! Was it from our wishing, wanting, beggin, crying, dreaming, drooling? Not sure, but you got em!

Cannot think of any more specific examples at this time.

PS added in edit: If you look at CountryGuys number, it is rather early, 191, he and I used to use the same user ID, in fact, many of his posts are actually mine, that is why I referenced coming here to the MOC in the Dark Ages.

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote