Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2006, 12:50 AM   #321
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
We're still waiting to hear from the dealer.

Carol

Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:48 AM   #322
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
We are no longer the owners of that remote thermostat. Meyer's of Syracuse put in the CCC in record time. Keystone paid for the labor. Meyer's is finally getting their act together. I am now getting 4 couch throw pillows. They found the lost ones and ordered me two more. Now we are waiting for Camping World (we have one now in Syracuse ) to put on our window awnings. After that we are all set. We have a minor leak at the kitchen sink, but Chuck will fix that. We don't want to press our luck with Meyer's.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:08 PM   #323
jrjones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4858
Glad to here you got yours changed to. Made a big difference last weekend for me.
jrjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:15 AM   #324
mjcjtroy
Established Member

M.O.C. #1969
Wow! Sounds like this should finally be coming to an end. When we were in Quartszite all of the new Montanas had the CCC in them!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for everyone who was successful in having the remote changed out and encourage those of you who haven't to stick with it until you can say farewell forever to that little remote and all that goes with it.
mjcjtroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:22 PM   #325
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
This should be interesting. The local Montana dealer claims to be unable to service Montanas not bought from its lot until August. I've e-mailed Dometic and they've indicated that a nearby non-Montana dealer can check the system. I've asked Dometic whether that dealer will be authorized to install the CCC, if Dometic agrees it's appropriate. Dometic's response was that any dealer in my area can assist me, but the dealer should call Dometic for authorization before doing any work. I'm not sure what Dometic will authorize.
Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:49 AM   #326
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Bill and Mariana
I would Suggest you print out this long posting and use it as leverage. We had no problem getting Dometic to send us the CCC after I mentioned this forum and the fact we knew a lot of people who were having problems with the remote unit. It is really nice to be able to set it and forget it.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 07:05 AM   #327
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
Ed and Sue,

I mentioned in my first e-mail to Dometic that they appeared to be aware of the problem with the system, and included a link to the thread. I've printed out the thread. It runs about 110 pages. In a three-ring binder it may be too much for the service manager at my local RV dealer, especially since they don't sell any Keystone products.

I've told Dometic I'd be willing to install the CCC myself, so we'll see where it all goes next week.

Thanks for the tips.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:50 AM   #328
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Bill
It isn't hard to install so keep working on that angle. Many here on the MOC have installed them and the directions in this thread are great.
Happy trails..........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:52 AM   #329
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
Worst case scenario might be that we show up at Siskiyou later this month with the CCC in a box (it could happen), and have a contest to see who could install it quickest with no defects!

Now there's an idea for a party.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:37 PM   #330
jrjones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4858
Lije Baley who knows probibly get a better job done. Just have to supply the beer, wine, coke, pepsi, dr. pepper, sprite, ice tea, lemon aid, red bull, or .......
jrjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:00 AM   #331
raucnd
Established Member

M.O.C. #4926
We had our CCC installed by a dealer, that was not a Montana dealer, as per Dometic's instructions. That was in November last year. It works like a charm and the service from the "other dealer" was excellent! Far better than any service we ever got from where we bought our trailer. (See former posts under Dometic AC/furnace and good luck. We dealt with "Jon", at Dometic.
raucnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:33 AM   #332
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
Well, we won't be wiring the CCC at the rally. Dometic sent the service shop a new remote. Where my old remote was inaccurate by about 12 degrees, the service department claims this one is only three degrees off. Of course, they were running the furnace while the ambient temperature was 80+ degrees. There was also a six degree swing before the thermostat would reignite the furnace after reaching its set point. That is now supposed to be corrected to a shift of a degree or two.

The trailer will be out next when we go to the Mt. Shasta rally. Maybe I'll have the one working remote that Dometic has manufactured. Maybe not.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:13 AM   #333
Lady RV
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30
Hello MOC Members,

First I would like to ask Broome101 to please forgive me for the intrusion of his thread/topic.

I have received the communication following my signature from Dometic. Since there has been so much confusion on this issue I wanted to post this at the beginning of this thread and again here as the last post.

This topic has been locked and another started with the same title so your conversations can continue. You can get to that thread by CLICKING HERE

Thank you for your understanding on this issue and devotion to the club.

Lady RV

Quote:
quote:We have noticed much conversation on this web site regarding the temperature sensitivity of the Dometic Infra Red Remote Control air conditioning system on Keystone Montana Fifth Wheel products. We wanted to offer some information that may help ease your mind.

The vast majorities of these systems are and will continue to function properly. If you have a system that is operating properly, it would be unusual for it to fail over time.

There have been a small number of Montana products exhibiting a temperature variation issue, most of which are furnace side only. Rest assured, this condition can be corrected through your dealer after a simple diagnostic procedure. We have been in contact with Keystone regarding this situation and we both stand ready to assist if you are experiencing this issue. If you feel you are having an issue with temperature variation, we would recommend making an appointment with your selling dealer at your earliest convenience to have it checked out.

If you need additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us direct at customersupportcenter@dometicusa.com or Keystone at www.keystonerv.com.

Thank you,
Dometic Corporation
Lady RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:51 PM   #334
Ronnyg

M.O.C. #21606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana_657 View Post
What... Keystone thinks it's customers are dummies????

Sorta goes back to my position when I was "trashed" quality and reliability is not the greatest.

As good or as bad as they are... I have one and I'm stuck with it unless I want to trade a almost new heavily customized unit.

I am however thrilled I had the old thermostat.

Hunter Programmables forever!!!!
Mine has a remote t-stat I want the put a normal house t-stat in its place so took receiver off wall and saw phone plug that ended that lol , the problem I’m having is the blower fan keeps running even after cooling the system down would of killed battery had to pull fuse 😔 need help !!!
Ronnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 01:59 PM   #335
AlisonW

M.O.C. #23116
Thermostat

GOOD DAY ALL. I AM NEW AT THIS SO HOPE THIS GOES WELL.
WE HAVE A 2006 Montana 5th wheel and our Duo Therm Thermostat just quit and we cannot find another one. I have read some of the threads and am guessing I have to order the new Kit? CCC kit?
Does anyone have the 2 button-wall mounted/phone plug thermostat out there that they are no longer using?
I am willing to purchase.
Thank you.
AlisonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:33 PM   #336
Dobropicker

M.O.C. #24581
Another remote T-Stat replacement question

I have an 06 2955RL that came with the remote control system. The a/c unit is a 59516.531. I’ve talked to Dometic and received p/n’s To upgrade to the CCC. T-stat 3109228.001 and control board 3109226.005. Sound familiar? So I asked about the Freeze Guard sensor or control and if it had to be replaced and they said yes with p/n 3312303.005. When I looked that up it looks very different than the existing freeze control mounted on the coil (which looks like a round disc about 1-1-1/2” dia). Getting ready to order these parts but was hoping one of you that has done the changeover could comment on the Freeze guard sensor used. The new p/n looks long and skinny but has the push on connector that I assume is needed for the new control box vs spade connector? Haven’t actually take the old box out yet. Thanks Broome101 and mazeeff for details on changing this over. Very helpful!
Dobropicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 11:09 AM   #337
Jimbo1201

M.O.C. #28060
It's 2021 and we just purchased a 2006 3295RK to be left in an RV park here in Florida. We will be using it for a weekend/vacation place. Yes, it's 15 years old and STILL has that Duo Therm IR remote system. The display on the remote is very dim and since we are new to owning an RV, I am just not comfortable with this system.

I was looking to replace this system and I can see how many others have had issue(s) with this system. I found Mazeeff's posts to be extremely helpful and I plan on switching to the CCC. The only problem is that the pictures from his post of 15+ years ago are no longer available. If anyone has done this and can post the pictures of the control unit replaceent, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for all of the informative posts.
Jimbo1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 12:18 PM   #338
Kev C

M.O.C. #28883
Dometic duo therm remote t-stat

Does anyone know where I can find the part number for the wall Mount thermostat that works with the remote thermostat for the dometic duo therm unit? It’s in 2005 Montana. It worked when I bought it a couple weeks ago, and when I set it up and cut the air on nothing happened. No lights on the wall Mount. The remote is set like it said. No heat, no fan, no nothing. Any ideas if not me thermostat? All breakers are good, power is good... ??
Kev C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 12:20 PM   #339
Kev C

M.O.C. #28883
I’m curious, did switching that thermostat work? And how was the install, was it too complicated?
Kev C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 12:27 PM   #340
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev C View Post
Does anyone know where I can find the part number for the wall Mount thermostat that works with the remote thermostat for the dometic duo therm unit? It’s in 2005 Montana. It worked when I bought it a couple weeks ago, and when I set it up and cut the air on nothing happened. No lights on the wall Mount. The remote is set like it said. No heat, no fan, no nothing. Any ideas if not me thermostat? All breakers are good, power is good... ??
There should be a part number on the back of the thermostat. It may also be listed somewhere earlier in this long, long thread. But do what most of us did, replace the whole enchilada with the CCC. No remote but it works.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote