Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2007, 01:24 PM   #1
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Re: Survey

Okay, I've been labeled obsessive/compulsive and somewhat anal retentive. So what, I've learned to live with it...LOL Here's the input I would like to have....How many of you take off your shoes upon entering your Monty? I personally take off my shoes because I like the carpeting to stay nice. I know I'm camping to a degree, but at the end of the day, this is an almost 50k tent!!!LOL

Many fellow campers I visit don't take their shoes off when they enter their trailers, and tell me I don't need to remove mine either. If they insist, then I leave my shoes on. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem one way or the other with peoples choices, it's just that I prefer to remove my shoes. So, when entering my trailer, I truly appreciate the removal of shoes. So, how do other's feel about this?

Jan

Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:44 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Jan,
I usually take off my shoes as well when I head into my coach. I wear flip flops all summer, I keep a pair by the door for wearing around in the coach and another pair that is worn outside the coach. All comes down to personal choice...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:46 PM   #3
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Jan,

I don't take off my shoes at home nor in my camper. I personally must just be kind of old school because almost all my younger neighbors come in and take their's off and I always tell them they don't have to. One of the other reasons, for me personally, I have poor circulation and my feet just FREEZE, I can't even not where socks in the summer without my feet getting cold.

Just one persons opinion.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:52 PM   #4
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
It sure is personal choice. We have outside shoes and house shoes and swap them out at the door somewhat like the Japanese custom. Do it at the stick house (and have for years) as well as the Monty. When we have visitors, they do whatever they are comfortable with...we're not fanatics. The interesting thing we have found is that there is much less floor cleaning to do--and we are not fans of cleaning chores. Thus far the only problem is that the dog has not learned to wipe his own feet--so they get a quick wipe when it's wet outside.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:56 PM   #5
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Old habits die hard I guess, at home they are always off at the door.
Our home or anyone else's.

When camping, we take ours off outside the door so we don't track anything in. If needed, I have a pair for inside if it's cooler and the floors are cold.

It's kind of hard to ask the dog to take hers off though, so we have a towel for her feet.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:11 PM   #6
marisolwithsol
Established Member

M.O.C. #6087
Shoes definetly come off at the steps or at the door. With three kids, a dog and me who can't stand to feel or see sand/dirt in my new baby, they gotta come off. The trouble comes since I am naturally a barefoot kind of person, I have to remind myself to put shoes on before I start walking around outside!
I grew up with taking your shoes off at home, so I guess it carried on.

Marisol
marisolwithsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:14 PM   #7
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
Our shoes are off before we enter, and it being our home, we ask all visitors to do the same before we invite them in. Nor would either of us enter someone else's without taking our shoes off.
FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:18 PM   #8
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Never take them off (unless it's rainy/muddy, etc)...it's our 'home' on wheels and we treat the same as we do the stick house.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:24 PM   #9
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
We always take of ours at the door at home and the trailer. When we enter anyone elses home or trailer we do the same.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:35 PM   #10
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
We also take our shoes off at home and in the Monty. Our son and daughter and their families also do the same. As for company, if it is wet or dusty outside I would probably ask for shoes to be removed, otherwise nothing would be said. We have had our Monty for 9 months and want to keep that new feel to it.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:38 PM   #11
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Never take them off. I have a sweeper if the carpet gets dirty and if that doesn't do the trick I have an over priced hoover steam-vac.
I bought it to live in, not around.
Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:46 PM   #12
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Ours come off. We each keep a pair of Crocs by the door for easy on-and-off when going in and out.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:46 PM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Shoes on..execpt if it is muddy, etc...it is a commion sense thing.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:55 PM   #14
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
Every home I owned, I took my shoes off and I take them off in my Monty also. I take them off at other peoples houses and RVs. I have had dark carpet and very light carpet in my previous houses and it didn't matter what color they were the shoes were off. I've been living in my Monty since last April and carpet still looks new. I don't like getting anything dirty if I can help it...probably because I don't like to clean up big messes if I can prevent it. I try to keep my vehicles clean and avoid mud puddles...so I think its an individual thing.
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:07 PM   #15
msmoonsatx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6700
We spent three years in Japan and their habits became ingrained. Shoes come off at the door.
msmoonsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:16 PM   #16
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
In our prior Montana we did not take our shoes off. When we traded it the carpet was ready to be replaced. We remove our shoes in this one (5 months old) in an effort to make the carpet last longer and look nice longer. We also have an area rug in the living room, a carpet runner on the steps, and a couple of throw rugs inbetween, all to help save the carpet plus to look nice. As Vicki said, we each have a pair of crocs near the door for when we need to go outside temporarily. As with many questions, this is one I think is purely personal preference. Neither way is best.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:23 PM   #17
GlobalDouglas
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6376
For years I've taken my shoes off as soon as I walk in my house. Will do the same as soon as I move into Monty! I dislike the feel of shoes and want to keep interrior clean! Just my personal choice.
GlobalDouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:44 PM   #18
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
Shoes off because I know where my feet have been!!??
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:52 PM   #19
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
I hate shoes on my feet, off they come as soon as I come through the door.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:21 AM   #20
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Ours come off and are exchanged for house slippers. We keep a nice wicker basket by the door to place our shoes in when we enter. This seems to be all the hint others need to remove theirs. We also keep some quick slip ons available outside if we are going to wonder off the outdor rug.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote