Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2008, 10:54 AM   #1
melanie7ny
Established Member

M.O.C. #8832
light in bathroom wont switch on

hello, in our montana bathroom, there is the vanity light, controlled by a wall switch, and a light on the cieling, just like the others throughout the trailer. well, this light will not turn on, and the bulbs are good. has anyone had this problem? i just want to know if there is something i'm missing, like is it connected to some other switch? any ideas?

melanie7ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:17 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
The ceiling lights are 12VDC and the lights over the mirror at the sink are 110VAC. Besides the switch on the wall the light fixtures on the ceiling have an one off switch also. So, check them. Also, check the 12VDC fuse panel and see if the red LED is lite when you turn the switch on. The hard part is both switches have to be on for the LED to light.
Good luck and lets us know what you find.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:07 AM   #3
melanie7ny
Established Member

M.O.C. #8832
wow, i just figured it out! when i turn on the wall switch for the fan, then the ceiling light will come on. so the fan switch controls the cieling light in the bathroom and the fan. i'll have to turn off the fan, at the button on the fan, to run the light alone.
melanie7ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:42 AM   #4
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Glad you got it fixed. Some times our logic does not run with the configuration of our units. lol.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote