Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2006, 03:01 AM   #1
ejc1214
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5232
Last topic.....

I am sorry to say that this will be my last post.
I guess I seem to always red flag the MOC police and I hate to be part of a group where I am always having to watch every key-stroke I take. I guess I have to research how to cancel my subscription from the group.
It has been a pleasure talking to most of you on here.
Take care and happy, safe trails.

Ed

ejc1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:25 AM   #2
jpbcny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4571
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ejc1214

I am sorry to say that this will be my last post.

Is it really that bad in this Forum?

I guess I seem to always red flag the MOC police and I hate to be part of a group where I am always having to watch every key-stroke I take. I guess I have to research how to cancel my subscription from the group.

Are you referring to the Moderators, or to Posters that have conflicting views?

It has been a pleasure talking to most of you on here.

It takes all view points to make a true Forum

Take care and happy, safe trails.

I think you will be missing out on a truly friendly, and informative group.

Ed
Best Of Luck To You Also

JP
jpbcny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:46 AM   #3
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
Sorry to hear you're upset. I took the time to look through your posts and they all seem positive, including all the replys to them.

What happened?

This is the first time I've seen this type of post. I'm concerned since you seem like nice folks.

Don't just leave. Or, at least tell us why, OK?

Thanks.

Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:48 AM   #4
moc5er
Site Team

M.O.C. #4839
ejc1214,
I am also sorry to hear that this is your last post on the MOC.

I did see the post that was pulled by one of the other Moderators and I agree that it is not the type of post that goes along with the MOC mission statement. It does not mean that you should not still enjoy and participate on the forum.

Before I became a moderator some of my posts were deleted due to the type of content that was included, but I understand that what I think is funny can also offend someone else.

Posting of jokes and clean humor is fun, we should not post political, sexual, religious, or racial type humor so that we do not offend any of our members.

I hope you understand that we are trying to maintain this site as a place where our members can have fun and discuss RV'ing.

Ed, please reconsider your effort to cancel your membership with the MOC forum.
moc5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:55 AM   #5
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
ED,

Don't go. Stay with us. Just remember the posts should be within the limits of the Mission Statement. Admin or the Moderators will not edit your post unless this is violated. As far as the "Police" forum members have a right to express their opinion just as you do. It does not mean they are more right than you are.

I have been wrong a few times and forum members have pointed it out. Sometimes I am dead right and other members disagree. This is what a forum is for.

It just so happens this place is the best place to be if you own a Montana. You will read about it here first.

Hope you stay with us.

Tom
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:56 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I don't know what the post was but I would agree with with MOC5er on the kind of post that should not be made. Ye Gods I have been , and will continue to be, critical of Montana's quality and workmanship(as well as all the other manufactures) and have had the Moderators give me a finger shaking from time to time, but I am still here.I looked at you past post and see nothing wrong with them..Perhaps you should look at this as a learning experience and continue on.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:06 AM   #7
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I agree with MOC5er and richfaa. Hang in there, this really is a great forum.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:56 AM   #8
Britney 10
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1704
ejc1214, I am also very sorry to hear that you are going to leave and truly hope that you will reconsider and stay here. As all the others have said this is a great forum and you would be missed.
Britney 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:47 AM   #9
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
I don't recall seeing any offensive posts by you Ed, and hope you'll reconsider and hang around the forum.
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:02 AM   #10
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
We all must make our own decisions, but this forum is without a doubt one of the best I have seen on the Internet; in fact, for me, MOC is almost like an extended family and I have made what I consider to be some good friends here. The catch is that friends and family step on each others' toes at times. Though this can be trying, I have found that the rewards far outweigh any disgruntlement or reprimand. I am sure that you have more to offer MOC as it most likely has for you.

Let me add that I wish other forums were as well policed as this one. I have never encountered any situation in my year plus here where I felt insulted or flamed. Most of that is that we do a wonderful job of governing ourselves, but the admins also make sure situations do not escalate.

Whatever you decide to do, best wishes and happy RVing!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:09 AM   #11
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
I agree with all that has been said. Occasionally I have noted comments by others that I wish had not been said, and I found later it had been removed by the moderators. It had nothing to do with RVing and was a bit too political for my liking or something similar. I agree with the moderators that some subjects just don't belong on this forum. I appreciate the hard work the moderators do to keep this such a positive atmosphere. I hope you will reconsider.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:50 AM   #12
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Sorry to see you leave. We really enjoy this forum. I do have to say it is the best one I have ever belonged to. Sure hope you would reconsider and stay with the forum.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:44 AM   #13
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
It's a tough job being a moderator and making a decision to remove posts....it like having an opinion and you know how that saying goes. I'm sure there was no personal intent on removing your post. Please be understanding and reconsider as this is a great forum.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:02 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'm sorry to see you go, Ed. If you have a change of heart, you will always be welcome to return.

You're not the only one to have been communicated with about a post. I have changed one and deleted one over the years because of a request from a moderator. I just thought of it as a kindly slap on the wrist, made the change, and went on with life.

I hope you decide to return.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #15
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Ed, don't feel singled out! Like everyone else said, we all at one time or the other have been told that we posted something that was less then desirable. I love this forum, I have visited others and found them to be really offensive and rude to the people who stop by to post or just read. Remember, that the moderators work really hard to keep everyone happy. There is always going to be someone who will get offended by what someone else posts and that is what we have the moderators for. To keep this forum neutral. Neutral is a good thing.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:14 PM   #16
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Ed, I stubbed my toe a couple of times on this forum. You do that I think when your new to something like this, and I am, still.
This is as good a group of people as I have ever had the privilege of speaking with. I don't know what your "transgression" was, and it isn't really important. The important thing is that you use the forum and the vast store of knowledge it represents. We all get "ticked off" periodically or get upset with things, I knowI do. I'm learning that by listening I can really save myself some problems with my Monty.
I don't know about you my friend, but I really like being pre-warned about problems, and I really enjoy hearing about "successes".
Hang in there buddy!!!!
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:31 PM   #17
ejc1214
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5232
I appreciate all the comments. But I think that this time I did not do anything wrong. I posted something that I thought was funny in the sitting around the fire forum. It had not political implication. It was just a satire. Plain and simple. Just because it involved Dick Cheney it was pulled. I still believe in the 1 First Amendment and lots of our boys dying for me overseas for that right that it bothers me that a forum I belong too is using that kind of censorship.
Again, appreciate all your comments, but I will bow out. If anyone is interested in knowing about the link that I had posted, you can e-mail me and I will send it to you.
Take care.

Ed
ejc1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:19 PM   #18
kwbosch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3237
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ejc1214

I appreciate all the comments. But I think that this time I did not do anything wrong. I posted something that I thought was funny in the sitting around the fire forum. It had not political implication. It was just a satire. Plain and simple. Just because it involved Dick Cheney it was pulled. I still believe in the 1 First Amendment and lots of our boys dying for me overseas for that right that it bothers me that a forum I belong too is using that kind of censorship.
Again, appreciate all your comments, but I will bow out. If anyone is untested in knowing about the link that I had posted, you can e-mail me and I will send it to you.
Take care.

Ed
Ed,

Just to let ya know, I'm a conservative republican and I thought it was a hoot.
Thanks for the laugh,

Ken
kwbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:21 PM   #19
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Ed, I have seen any number of Cheney sendups. They have all been funny. I would be interested in the link please send iyt to me. I just for the record have been republican since I was old enough to know the difference between the major parties. 1950 or so.
Rick Trent ricekty@wavecable.com
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:40 PM   #20
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
I really hope you stay with us. This is a wonderful group of people and we think of them as close friends.
Please reconsider.
Dusty & Don
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote