Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2010, 06:45 AM   #1
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Saying So Long to Full Timing

The past couple of years have been real hard on us due to health related issues so we just signed a contract on a home near our preferred medical facilities. We close on Sept 29 and on the 30th we will say good-bye to the full timers life. We will keep the 3400RL and travel 2 to 3 months a year until if and when our health situation improves.

The bright side is I can open my woodwork shop and do many more modifications that I have been dreaming of but can’t quite do while we are living in it. Then we may even do full body paint so we don’t have to deal with the graphics issue anymore. How does bright Silver metallic with blue and contrasting grey striping sound?

We will still check in from time to time to see what all of you good folks are up to.

Jim and Joan

JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:20 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Glad you found what you wanted and hope things improve so you can travel as you desire.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:14 AM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Best of luck Jim and Joan. Get well and back out on the road as soon as you can. Although we are not Fulltimers we are traveling about half of the year. Medical issues have certainly made a huge difference for us too.

So the lesson learned is to do what you want while you still can. You never know when you will no longer be able to travel.
Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:42 AM   #4
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Here's to your health improving and many years of rving to come.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Life throws some curves balls and knucklers at us. It causes us to adjust accordingly. Sounds like you are doing some solid thinking. We certainly hope you have improving health so that you can choose from a broader array of options.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Thanks for the thoughts and well wishes, hope to see you folks down the road in the future.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #7
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Jim, we are gonna miss your smiling face at Hanscomb next spring. Good luck with the new venture. We will be in town for my daughter's graduation in May I believe.... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:04 PM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I'm lucky. I'll get to see Jim and Joan on a semi-regularly schedule since my family lives in that area and we visit them often. Hmmm! Woodworking shop! I wonder how much he charges??

I have seen Jim's work. I wish I had his woodworking skills.

Jim & Joan, you know you have our very best for your upcoming move to a stick house, and you always have a place to stay when you are in Texas.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:25 AM   #9
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Come by the shop Wayne, we can work something out.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #10
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Jim, will you guys be near Hanscom?
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote