Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #21
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
We decided to use the 26 inch lcd to replace the 27 inch crt that came in the Montana. We removed the sliding tray and built a drawer. Mounted television on an articulating arm. Didn't have to modify the opening so the original television could be put back in if desired.

tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:39 AM   #22
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Fire5er! That is an excellent mount. The hardest thing is creating the side access panel so you can get to the rear of the television. I had been thinking of that route but didn't know how effective this could be. This adds the minimal amount of work not having to mess with swivels, slides, tethering, etc.

With this method I can use a larger flat screen because it will be immobile (permanently fastened). I would probably use double doors for the side access, because I'd like more room to work and then the rear of the screen is ALL ample hidden storage. The only other thing I'd change is put the fastening straps on the edges instead of the front so any travel movement does not cause the strap to come in contact with the screen. Very nice.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #23
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
Reference fastening straps. I use the double sided velcro rolls I buy at Lowes and then cut to fit the TV. I have the hook side facing away from the screen and since the Velcro goes around the entire body, the straps do not touch the screen. As an added precaution, I put a "T" shirt between the screen and Velcro while in travel status. Don't really need all this, but just don't want an unforeseen act popping the set loose from the wall mount bracket.
tim43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #24
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
tim43,

Good ideas and good precaution. It's just that I saw a picture from Fire5er that showed the clips for his tethering strap positioned in the middle of his screen. I think it could cause some unsightly damage over time. Hopefully he probably wraps something soft around his clips but I wanted to point it out before any damage occurs. On my cabinet, the positioning of the flat screen would allow the wooden sides to be used for the straps to secure the television - two tethers might be better than one. Thanks for more ideas.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:20 AM   #25
smc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3125
We would like to replace the TV in our 04 2980RL, but how do you get the old one out??
smc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:03 AM   #26
Caseclosed
Established Member

M.O.C. #8423
Fire5er great pictures thank you.
Caseclosed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:15 PM   #27
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
SMC,

I had to replace mine just after I bought the trailer. There is one screw in the side wall above the stairs and I believe two screws coming down from the top (or was it the bottom up) one of the two ways. Just have to check which one it is. The TV is very heavy so be careful pulling it out of the cabinet. If you have any questions send me a PM.

Scott
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:52 AM   #28
Navigator
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1894
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by smc

We would like to replace the TV in our 04 2980RL, but how do you get the old one out??
To unfasten the TV just take a ride on the "Top of the World" highway in Alaska. Ours popped out all by itself!

Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:32 PM   #29
snow
Established Member

M.O.C. #434
Hi,
I replaced our bedroom 19" tube tv (very heavy) with a 19" LCD Flat screen. And also installed a DVD player that sits in the closet next to it. A lotta extra room for storage now behind the flat screen. The old Tv was analog in the bedroom, and the Tv in the front room was digital.They are hooked in series and those lil goverment signal box wouldnt work in the bedroom tv.All is well now in the bedroom.
On to the front room Tv, that Quest home theatre system is junk....first the radio quit playing, then the movie disc would,nt play.....so , off to Best Buy. Installed new Samsung 5.1 Home theatre sysem. Used my existing speakers though, used new Woofer.
Radio and DVD`s play great now. But you think Keystone woulda put in a better TV, only 480P....home theatres will play up to 1080, but, because the Tv is 480, that`s all i get. Used a HDMI cord though, so, it,ll have to do for now...it is camping..lol....
Wife is happy, she can watch movies in the bedroom if she wants.....
and to think I had a pop-up camper once....

George & Joan Berlinger
Lapeer, MI.
2007 Chevy 2500HD SB
3075 Montana 2007
Trailer Air Pin Box
16k Slider Hitch
1- 21# Papillon
snow is offline   Reply With Quote