Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Dometic Micro/Convection Update

Just got a call from CW and the replacement oven showed up today. We are scheduled to have it installed on Monday. Woo Hoo.. About time. I also got a call from our home dealer warranty/service lady and she says they will be waiting for us to arrive when ever we head back north. Whenever we get there they will take us in and do a complete survey of everything that needs work. Then we will head home to unload the rig and bring it back to the dealer to do all the work. After that we load it up again and finish the summer in the frozen tundra while Betsy gets her shoulder overhauled. As soon as she is fit again we will head out again. One way or another we are gonna make it to Goshen this year... Dave and Betsy

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Woo Hoo!!!!! Great news! I told Betsy earlier today that I still think it's a good idea to have some of those easy stovetop recipes on file just in case...

Congrats!
Tammy
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:37 AM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Well, the new one is in and is still 50+ degrees off set for 350 it got to 300, 400 got it to 340, and 450 it got to 390. That is better than 200 degrees off but still not right. We will buy another new oven thermometer tomorrow and try both together and compare. Betsy is gonna try a Homestyle Bake by Banquet and see if it gets done properly.. What a PITA.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:13 PM   #4
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
OK, here we go again. I just got done with two thermometers in the convection. So far the oven is is exactly 25 degrees low. I set it for 375 it heats to 350. I can use it this way since I know the offset, but it will be fixed when we get home. CRAP!! I wish I could find a source for a calibrated thermometer. Or failing that does anyone have a good method of calibrating an oven thermometer? It won't work in boiling water. Leaks...