Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2003, 01:48 PM   #1
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
Gas Leak on Big Sky 3295RK

Hi all and Merry Christmas form cold central Florida. We took our B.S. 3295RK back to the dealer to get a persistent propane leak fixed. We had lost all propane in 3 days without using appliance. It was a very difficult leak to find but it was on the threaded pipe that is connected to the regulator. The pipe had been cross threaded during manufacture and was causing a small but very effective leak. The dealer replaced the pipe all seems ok now. I do have a question however. We want to install a second propane detector/alarm in the forward part of the rig. We had thought about under the chest of drawers near the floor but there is not a easy path for the wiring from there. The dealer suggested down near the floor on the wall of the curio cabinet. I then had an idea that I would like some feed back on.
What about mounting the propane detector in the basement area near the curb side gas tank and regulator. I believe the alarm could still be heard in the bedroom and it would be close to a potential source of leaking. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Plus we could not say enough good about our dealer. We have been treated very very well and we have observed their treatment of non buying service customers to to be good too. Thanks

WA4BMG
John and Nancy Furlow
2003 Big Sky 3295RK
03 Ford F250 CC LB

Edited by - wa4bmg on 12/19/2003 10:35:17 PM

wa4bmg is offline   Reply With Quote