Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2008, 09:37 AM   #1
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
PressurePro

I ordered the Doran 360 RV tire monitoring system which I thought was similar to the PressurePro System. The problem with the Doran system I was constantly losing a sensor on the monitor and of course the alarm would go off.
Iam towing with a 21' crewcab and our 3400RL with a total of no more than 60'. Has anyone with this combination had any problem with the PressurePro system,did you have to add on anything to boost the signal and are you totally happy with it?
Iam thinking about ordering the PressurePro through Mike and Pat.
Jack

jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:46 AM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Jack, I have the PP that was distributed by Doran. Same system. I initially had problems with some of the sensors, but, they replaced the bad ones. I also had problems with the control unit but they replaced that also. Since then the only problem I have on ocassion is when I wash the truck, one of the sensors will alert. After it dries real good it is ok. All in all I like my system and it saved my butt twice coming down the Alcan from Alaska. Would not leave home without it.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:46 AM   #3
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Jack I just installed the Pressure Pro system this morning. Got mine from Pat and Mike Mcfall, fellow Rver's. Got to their web site Pressure Pro. com and you can e-mail any question you might have and they will answer ASAP. Ordered mine on Wed and got them Friday. Great Service. This is my second Pressure Pro system. Like a dummy I let the nice people who bought our 5th wheel talk me into selling them the System. GBY...

Dorian is no longer in business. I had a MDT and didn't have to have a repeater and the 5th wheel was 40' long. I use them on all my Trailers, 30' inclosed car hauler and a 30' Gooseneck flat bed equipment hauler. Its a great system. I just remove them from my 5th wheel and use them were I need them, I have mission tries on the car hauler, it doesn't go far very often and never without the PPS.
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:07 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Pressure pro is the system name..Doran was a distributor that sold them..they no longer do. I keep the monitor antenna above the dash board line. We velcro the monitor to the dash of the 08 F-350. We have had the system for nearly two years without a single problem of any kind.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:46 AM   #5
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Delaine and Lindy

Jack I just installed the Pressure Pro system this morning. Got mine from Pat and Mike Mcfall, fellow Rver's. Got to their web site Pressure Pro. com and you can e-mail any question you might have and they will answer ASAP. Ordered mine on Wed and got them Friday. Great Service. This is my second Pressure Pro system. Like a dummy I let the nice people who bought our 5th wheel talk me into selling them the System. GBY...

Dorian is no longer in business. I had a MDT and didn't have to have a repeater and the 5th wheel was 40' long. I use them on all my Trailers, 30' inclosed car hauler and a 30' Gooseneck flat bed equipment hauler. Its a great system. I just remove them from my 5th wheel and use them were I need them, I have mission tries on the car hauler, it doesn't go far very often and never without the PPS.
I know Doran doesn't sell the PressurePro anymore thats why I think their 360 RV system might be a little different than the PressurePro.
I'm sending the Doran system back and ordering the PressurePro through Mike and Pat,if anything I think I'll get better service from them.
Lindy,looks like you drive a TV similar to the one we use.Where did you mount the PressurePro Monitor?
Old 03-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #6
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Jack I really haven't mounted it yet, I just set it in the tray next to the dash. Will mount it later, will order the extra wire from Mike and Pat and probably hard wire it. I talked to Pat today, and ordered another item and lo and behold its in the mail this morning about 45 minutes after I talk to Pat. I don't think you will get any better service. I guess you can buy a cheaper copy of the PPS but how about the service. The other Pressure Pro system I had, never had any problems at all, and I'm sure I will be happy with this one also. Good Luck Jack. GBY...

Oh great puppys there, I have one similar to the larger one, he's about a year old 80 lbs or so, his name is " Montana".
Old 03-22-2008, 03:26 PM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I am using the PressurePro from Dorian. I monitor all 10 tires. I have had it almost a year. It performs as advertised and I am happy with the performance. I did not know the had abandoned the unit. I wonder how warranties and replacement parts will be handled?

I have a 38' Big Sky 340RLQ, roughly the same unit as the 3400. My TV is a longbox crewcab dually. All monitors work as they should.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:27 PM   #8
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Delaine and Lindy

Jack I really haven't mounted it yet, I just set it in the tray next to the dash. Will mount it later, will order the extra wire from Mike and Pat and probably hard wire it. I talked to Pat today, and ordered another item and lo and behold its in the mail this morning about 45 minutes after I talk to Pat. I don't think you will get any better service. I guess you can buy a cheaper copy of the PPS but how about the service. The other Pressure Pro system I had, never had any problems at all, and I'm sure I will be happy with this one also. Good Luck Jack. GBY...

Oh great puppys there, I have one similar to the larger one, he's about a year old 80 lbs or so, his name is " Montana".
I e-mailed questions to Pat and Mike last night and when I logged on this morning Pat had already answered me.
I went ahead and placed my order right than and there,Pat e-mailed me 2 hours later and told me she had just sent my order out.
Can't beat that!
Thanks for the complements on our puppies,their litter mates and have never been apart.75 and 80 lbs. Thanks for the info. Lindy.
Jack

Old 03-22-2008, 04:14 PM   #9
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Stiles I think Pressure Pro is doing the warranty, not 100% sure but you can e-mail Mike and Pat and they can tell you for sure. GBY...
Old 03-25-2008, 05:48 PM   #10
PatMcFall
Established Member

M.O.C. #7943
I just checked in to the forum and saw my name mentioned a few times. Thank you all for all the kind words. I will try to answer a few of the questions related to PressurePro and Doran.

Advantage PressurePro developed and manufactured the original PressurePro system. Doran was a distributor for Advantage PressurePro. The Advantage PressurePro Home Office is in Harrisonville, MO and the system is manufactured in the USA.

Doran now sells a TPMS that is brand new on the market. I don't know anything about the new system so I can't say it's good or bad, just that it is unproven at this time. I believe it is made in China.

Stiles, Advantage PressurePro is taking care of all warranty issues and replacement parts for the Doran PressurePro systems.
Their website is: www.advantagepressurepro.com and their phone number is: 800-959-3505

If I can answer any questions for anyone, you can reach me by email:
pressureprosystem@yahoo.com or you can call me at: 850-294-0281

Safe Travels,

Pat (and Mike)
PatMcFall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:28 AM   #11
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Well when you need the experts answer, the Professionals show up. Thanks Mike and Pat, you are just what I said you were. Great people doing a great job. Moc'ers these are people doing a great service for other RVer's. Its hard to find honest people in todays world. Thanks Mike and Pat, hope to see you in Branson in June. GBY...
Old 03-27-2008, 03:15 PM   #12
Fire1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8237
Send a message via AIM to Fire1
Since I am a 5th wheel virgin I am not up to speed on all the EXTRA equipment I am going to need just to run down the road.
I drve from Orlando to Jacksonville today and was as always amazed at the fleets of RV's headed north and even more so at the number along the road with blown tires. I stopped at Camping World and the tre guys were as busy as thier NASCAR team changing tires.

So what I am trying to find out is do I need to monitor all wheels on the TV as well as the 5er and which of the units would ya'll suggest?

Doug
Fire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:28 PM   #13
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Doug, I can only tell you what I do and that is to monitor ALL my tires, TV & Trailer. I lost two trailer tires coming from Alaska and have so far had a small leak in one of my truck tires that I was alerted to by the PP system. All in all, I would not leave home without them.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:23 PM   #14
PatMcFall
Established Member

M.O.C. #7943
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Fire1

Since I am a 5th wheel virgin I am not up to speed on all the EXTRA equipment I am going to need just to run down the road.
I drve from Orlando to Jacksonville today and was as always amazed at the fleets of RV's headed north and even more so at the number along the road with blown tires. I stopped at Camping World and the tre guys were as busy as thier NASCAR team changing tires.

So what I am trying to find out is do I need to monitor all wheels on the TV as well as the 5er and which of the units would ya'll suggest?

Doug
Doug,

You can start with monitoring just your 5er tires if you want and add Sensors to your TV later. I think when you find out how easy it is to check the air pressure in your tires with the push of a button, you'll want to monitor all of your tires. You will love the peace of mind the PressurePro gives when you are driving down the road.

If I can answer any questions for you or assist you in any way, please let me know.

Pat
Old 03-28-2008, 05:26 AM   #15
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Doug: If your TV already has the air pressure sensors you don't need another kit for it (some trucks come with it already installed, others don't).
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #16
Fire1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8237
Send a message via AIM to Fire1
Pat
I guess I will be PMing you for more information on a system
Thanks for the input all.

One more 5er on the side of the road this morning with a flat almost seems as if the tire dealers at busy at night.

For those of you headed North from Sunny Florida Good luck and God speed.
Fire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:39 PM   #17
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have the pressure pro on our Montana tires for starters as a tire failure back there scares the heck out of me. We will add them to the truck this year.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:03 PM   #18
PatMcFall
Established Member

M.O.C. #7943
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Fire1

Pat
I guess I will be PMing you for more information on a system
Thanks for the input all.

One more 5er on the side of the road this morning with a flat almost seems as if the tire dealers at busy at night.

For those of you headed North from Sunny Florida Good luck and God speed.
Doug & Robin,

You can PM me or email me at: pressureprosystem@yahoo.com.

Pat
Old 03-29-2008, 05:12 PM   #19
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
TPM is on my next get list. In the 1980's I was pulling 13,000+ with triple axles from Baton Rouge to Houston. Kept getting Psst at by 18 wheelers going by me, and some car horns honking. I never could figure out what the heck was going on. But, it was turning dusk. I'm constantly checking outside mirrors and when the sun set I could see sparks flying out from the right rear of the trailer.

Yes, I pull to the side of the road confirmed that I had a tire missing. Not only missing, the rim was plumb wore down to the hub. Another few miles and the drum would have been rolling on the road. Axles were independent suspension and fortunately the other two axles and tires were able to suppor the load. I kept that rim in my back yard for years as a conversation piece. I was very lucky.

Never again - TPM is next purchase.

Edited: for Phat Phingers.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:39 AM   #20
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Waynem

TPM is on my next get list. In the 1980's I was pulling 13,000+ with triple axles from Baton Rouge to Houston. Kept getting Psst at by 18 wheelers going by me, and some car horns honking. I never could figure out what the heck was going on. But, it was turning dusk. I'm constantly checking outside mirrors and when the sun set I could see sparks flying out from the right rear of the trailer.

Yes, I pull to the side of the road confirmed that I had a tire missing. Not only missing, the rim was plumb wore down to the hub. Another few miles and the drum would have been rolling on the road. Axles were independent suspension and fortunately the other two axles and tires were able to suppor the load. I kept that rim in my back yard for years as a conversation piece. I was very lucky.

Never again - TPM is next purchase.

Edited: for Phat Phingers.
That's why its nice to have a CB. A trucker will always tell you if he spots something wrong with you rig.