Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2007, 05:24 AM   #1
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Crystal River, FL

We moved another 50 miles west this morning and are now at the Encore Park in Crystal River. We will be here for the month of January.

Judy, you are not going to believe this but after being in the mid 80"s for the past several days, all the lady bugs that we thought we got rid of after Indiana have come back to life and I am finding 5-10 per day. I sure don't know where they were hiding.

Helen

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:13 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Helen, I would believe it because when it got dry in the rig when we were home, I found one on my Diet Coke can, looking for water I figured. It will be fun to see how many come out from their hiding spot once we're in warm weather. They're probably hiding somewhere having babies!

How come you didn't move to your new lot?
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:24 AM   #3
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
Hi Bill And Helen, We will be there tomorrow for 4 days prior to heading for Texas. At Clarebrook golf and rv resort in Claremont now, heading your way in the am. Dan and Sandy
foggyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:42 AM   #4
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Great Dan and Sandy. We look forward to meeting you. We are in lot 8 on the river. We were visiting friends at Clarebrook just last week so we know the area well.

Judy, we were at our place the last three days but had already paid for a month at this park and it was too expensive to just let it go. I wanted to spend a month on the gulf and get some awesome sunsets pictures too. While we are gone for the month of Jan. they will be pouring cement for our lot, planting the trees that we picked out, and moving the sewers and electricity to our specs. We were so busy the three days that we were there that it is nice to come to the gulf and stop thinking for awhile. Our lot is 50 miles from where we are staying now and we will be making a few trips back and forth during this month. We plan on closing on Jan 10th. We will go back there in Feb. and put down the patio, shed etc.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:44 AM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
You guys are having so much fun! Looking forward to seeing your pictures of the progress on your new lot as well as your gulf sunsets. Enjoy!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:31 AM   #6
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
We'd take the ladybugs over those Florida no see'ums anytime, besides they are supposed to be good luck!

Suzanne
refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:33 AM   #7
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Bill and Helen,
We are so excited for you! A new home!! Can't wait til we can travel down that way again. Also, now that we have seen the before pictures, it will be really nice to see the after. It really sounds like it is going to be very nice. Congratulations!!
Al and Nita
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:53 PM   #8
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Thanks Dave. I'll keep posting as things developer. It is so exciting but also exhausting.

Suzanne, you wouldn't want these lady bugs. They are not the red lucky ones. They are orange Asian bugs that swarmed in while we were in Indiana with Judy and Glenn last fall. We thought we got rid of them all but the little buggers were pulling a fast on on us. The ones we are finding now are in slo-mode so we are able to get 'um, but just when we think we got 'um all, another batch either hatches or comes out of hibernation. They have a horrible oder to them and drive you nuts. As of yet I haven't seen the no seeum's and it doesn't sound like I want to.

Nita, I can't wait until you and Al come this way too. The park is going to keep some spots in our park that friends and relatives can rent while visiting the park owners. It is a great booming area. I must tell you though that many of the new owners are from southern Florida that got tired of all the traffic where they were and sold their places for huge profits. They are now spending their profits in Central Florida and before long it may be just as busy as the south. It should be fun to watch the growth. One of the hardest things about going "full time" is giving up all of your property. We are very happy that we gave up the mowing, shoveling, gardening and maintaining a 3000 sq ft home but not to have a little place to call your own is difficult. This seems to fill the void for now. Bill is like a kid in the candy store looking at shelving and tools that he wants to put in his new shed when he gets it.
Helen
Old 01-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #9
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Those Asian beetles will bite, too! The no see'ums are nasty critters, too. If you ever buy a screen room, be sure that you buy one that has no see'um screens on it so the little critters can't get in.

Sounds like you've having a wonderful time, Bill and Helen.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:20 AM   #10
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
We are on 274. Will be by 8 soon. Dan
foggyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:33 AM   #11
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
It was a pleasure to meet Dan and Sandy. Unfortunately we did not get to spend much time together because of our running back and forth to Ocala on business but we hope we will see each other on the road again. I hope you guys didn't drown when you left us last night. It was really coming down hard. It sure was a nice warm rain though. LOL.

Travel safe,
Helen