Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 04:28 AM   #21
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
THANK YOU Robbie and Alice for all your hard work!!! The assistant wms did a great job also.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:46 AM   #22
Debbie Asher
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6167
Thanks to Robbie and Alice for making our first trip to Quartzsite memorable. This was a new experience for us and we really enjoyed it.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:07 PM   #23
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
There's barely a circle left! A couple of rigs outside the perimeter still, and 14 of us around the circumference. Lots of desert views now, however. We, and several others, are headed out tomorrow. It has been a great time at Quartzsite. This is our first gray day, with high clouds overhead. The wind has been gusting most of the day, creating dust clouds down at Tyson Wells. We've even had dust blowing through the circle now that there are few trailers to block it. We're heading out now to our final Happy Hour. Not sure what there will be to munch on.

Thanks to Robbie, Alice, and all the others who did so much to make this a great couple of weeks.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:54 PM   #24
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I did not stay with the group but did visit and it was one of the best circle I have seen. to bad the neighbors were snobs. but Robbie set them in the right direction.
Great job Robbie for a lot of work and preperation, along with all the help from all the assistant wagonmaster and all family members.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:25 AM   #25
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
There were 8 more rigs pull out today. We are now down to only 6 left in the "circle", if we can even call it that. The ranger made a visit yesterday and was checking license plates again and expiration dates on permits. The wind came up this morning and has blowing pretty good all day. It is somewhat reminiscent of last year, but at least the sun is shining. Hopefully it will die down this evening. I will be leaving on Wednesday morning on my way to Bakersfield and then onto Morgan Hill for a few days and then start working my way back to Washington.

Thank you again Robbie and Alice and all who set up and organized this years rally. We had a blast!!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 05:27 PM   #26
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
Well, we had to break down and depart "Q" today. We had expected to move a few times with having work done and we expected to have family company over this weeking, so we moved outside the circle to the SE and set up across from Mynabird and HoboBob. Work got done (re-wire the solar and install batteries) and family came. We had a mini family reunion. And, although it was fun, the trailer was really crowded (had to call All-in-One for a pump-out).

We left between 8:30 and 9:00 this morning and was able to get within 15 miles of home before the wind built up. Except for stopping at Love's and putting 80 gallons of diesel on board, it was an easy trip.

What a great bunch of people we had this year. The pot-luck was unbelieveable. I had to go through the line twice just to make sure it was as good as the first time through. It was!

There were 10 Montanas at the circle when I arrived and 8 Montanas when I left. We gotta get something worked out for next year with BLM. This is one of the few organizations that I am really proud to be a part of.

Robbie, Alice, thanks for your hard work. See ya down the road.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:13 AM   #27
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
We left the circle yesterday, we are now in Goodyear, AZ. We had a great time and want to thank Robbie and Alice
for the great job. The Quartzsite Circle was a great place to visit, learn and enjoy.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:19 AM   #28
Crossthread
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6460
I too want to thank Robbie and Alice for organizing and setting up the gathering. And Thanks to all the other members that helped set up and maintain the Circle.
Safe travels to all, and I want to thank all the members that traveled from the Eastern side of the U S A for coming,and also from Canada. It was great meeting each of you. Bill
Old 02-01-2011, 04:25 AM   #29
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Thanks for the great campfires, Bill! It was nice meeting you and Mary also.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:24 AM   #30
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
We used 13 of our 14 days, will admit tonight's low temps forecasts sent me to town to the electric grid. We had water to spare, ya, ole Carol is not a water monger, but, watch out power grid!

Was our first time this long off the grid, we learned a lot, met some great folks, enjoyed the desert.

Only time will tell if we can return again, but, if everything works out, we have no qualms about doing so.

THANKS ALL VOLUNTEERS who helped with this great Montana Circle.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #31
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Carol, there is BLM land next to us. Come on down to where we are and get you another 13 days worth. It is in the 70's here in Southern California.
1200 watts of Solar
Old 02-01-2011, 01:18 PM   #32
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
We've been in Goodyear since last Thursday and will head toward Tucson this Thursday. We absolutely loved our 14 days at Q with the Montana gang. Thanks to all, especially, Robbie & Alice!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 05:16 AM   #33
GOFNUTS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3053
Thank you Robbie & Alice for another great time in Q. The circle was very impressive this year, but then, it always is! Great friends, great times, thank you all!
Old 02-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #34
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
There only two left at the circle we pulled out today
Thank you Robbie & Alice for another great time in Quartzsite and thank you bill for all of the great fires
Old 02-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #35
otnoel521
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10179
Four of the remaining six left us yesterday and that leaves only two. One of the last two rigs will be leaving this evening. So that leaves the newest kids at the Q being left to turn out the lights for the 2011 Circle of Montana's. We had a fun and exciting 14 days in the desert. We enjoyed all the adventures; the windy days & nights, the trek to the Desert Bar, the nightly Happy Hour, the potluck supper, the hunt for beads, the making of the lanyards, the treks to Parker and meeting a great bunch of people. I think I can speak for both Dave & I that we especially enjoyed lingering at the nightly campfires with our FireMaster Bill. We hating to see he and Mary leave us (well we did not "see" them leave because we were still sawing logs when they left). The last few evenings at the campfire allowed for "everyone" to get as close to it as we wanted (toasty). Thanks Robbie & Alice and everyone else that worked to make our first experience at the Q so memorable. It was also quite fun to "bump into" another IBMer way out here in the middle off no where! Who would of thunk? Hal & Kathy it was great fun hanging out with you guys. Safe travels everyone we look forward to next year at the Q.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #36
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Dave and Olga,

First, thanks for the tour of your beautiful toy hauler.

Second, thanks for turning off the lights!

Third, safe rides back to PA.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:10 AM   #37
captdirt
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10024
Teresa and I would like to thank everyone involved for making a couple of SOBs feel welcome again. We had a great time and met some really nice new folks. One of the highlights of our year for sure.
Closed Thread