Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2004, 03:46 AM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
gas side of water heater

Well, I figured out yesterday the gas side of the water heater has quit working. The electric side works fine but doesn't get the water as hot as we'd like.

The problem seems to be with ignition, or lack thereof. I was able to light off the burner with one of those long-handled propane lighters, so I know LP is getting through, it's not a plugged line.

There's no Montana dealer closeby, of course, but I imagine if I can find an RV dealer somewhere they'd likely have or could get the parts, once I figure out what's needed.

Anyone have any experience with this problem? Is this likely a board problem? The Suburban water heater carries a 2-yr warranty so we're not out of warranty. If it's something easy to fix and relatively inexpensive I'd just go ahead and fix it rather than uprooting to take the Montana to a dealer.

Thanks.

Steve & Vicki Reigle
'03 3295RK
'03 Ford F350 SC SB SRW 6.0L PSD AT 4x4
fulltiming since 3/21/03
Our RV Travels

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote