Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2015, 04:45 PM   #21
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Clemson1881

...It's not an opinion...
It might not be an opinion, it's also not true. Here's a quote from autobytel:

"10 Most Reliable Used Sedans for 2015

Any list of the most reliable used sedans on the market doesn't really hold any surprises. That one word - reliable - implies dependability, which explains why offerings from Toyota, Honda, and Hyundai are regular features of any best used car list. You'll also notice that there are a few luxury models on our most reliable used sedan round-up, which seems counter-intuitive. Given the number of fancy features offered by these models, it would seem safe to assume that vehicles equipped with such upmarket gadgetry would be more likely to fail in long-term use due to their complexity and cutting edge technology. It's a testament, then, to the investment made by each of these premium brands that high end vehicles can stand beside entry-level compacts when it comes to dependability.

1. Toyota Avalon
2. Subaru Imprenza
3. Honda Accord
4. Toyota Camry
5. Lexus ES
6. Hyundai Elantra
7. Acura RL
8. Infiniti G37
9. Toyota Corolla
10. Hyundai Sonata"

Not a US manufacturer to be found.

The biggest problem with US cars is that while Honda and Toyota keep cranking out the Accord/Civic and the Camry/Corolla, year after year, making them better, more reliable, more economical, more comfortable, more affordable, the big three make new models every few years. The new models have their share of problems, which get straightened out just in time to make another new model in three or four years. The other big issue is labor which we can't discuss here.

TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:50 AM   #22
Clemson1881
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9432
That's an interesting list. Likely skewed by the fact domestic producers are heavy on the SUV/truck category. Doesn't Toyota own the present recall king award? Didn't the Prius become the primary joke subject for Jay Leno recently because their brakes were failing at an alarming rate? I remember Toyota having to spend big in advertising recently promising to "rebuild" trust with their customers. All I'm saying is domestic car quality was very bad for a 25 year stretch. The imports are no longer superior. My company has over a thousand vehicles in our field fleet (sedans) and of late the most problems are from Toyotas. We have GM, Ford, Honda, and Toyotas on the road. The Ford Fusions are performing best on reliability and fuel mileage. I respect everyone's views, but I'm calling it like I see and experience it.
And I know where you're going with the labor piece, and I agree 100% with you on that. But that's been addressed, and improved as well.
I guess The question is: "have you driven a Ford.................lately"?
LOL
Clemson1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 03:53 AM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Many of the Foreign cars are built in the USA by USA Workers Honda Ohio, Alabama. In may cases there are fewer Foreign parts in a Foreign cars built in the USA that a American car built in the USA.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 03:03 PM   #24
Clemson1881
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9432
Very true. We have BMW here in upstate SC. Very good cars.
Clemson1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:50 PM   #25
Petmoose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12532
jlb27537
According to the recall notice the Emergency Label is on 2013's and later. Funny, we have a 2012 3582 with the Emergency Exit sticker right in front of , or behind depending on your view, the ladder. There is no way you can get out that window. As you look out the rear window at that exit there is another window on your right that has an emergency sticker on it also. Unless you are very agile and very small you could not get out that window either. You then have a window behind the TV that lowers on the right and it might be a possibility but again it will be a real challenge to get an adult out of the window quickly.

Since the recall did not mention any 2012's I guess there isn't a problem with my unit. :-). As was mentioned in this topic they clearly do to camp in the units they engineer and build. Pretty sad.
Petmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:35 AM   #26
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
actually, in defense of keystone, the recall makes total sense, they state that 'incorrectly identified/labeled with an emergency
exit sticker' and it is not suppose to be an emergency exit. it was not intended to be an emergency exit so the sticker is removed. but someone should have realized the kind of window they were buying well before they were installed.

mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote