Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2011, 02:35 PM   #1
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
Help, 2011 Big Sky, Beep, Beep, Beep

Our Big Sky is busy beeping away on us. It is coming from the basement area. We returned from a trip on Thursday and Jim did not plug it in to shore power, so the battery has run down. This afternoon I noticed the refrigerator had no lights and was flashing that the power was low. Jim now has it hooked up but there is still a beep coming from the basement area. I don't believe that it was making that noise earlier but again we are not always outside.

Has anyone had this problem? What is it and how do we fix it so the beeping will stop.

Thanks,

mainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #2
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
Do you have a smoke detector in the basement? Battery? Coincidence?
bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:24 AM   #3
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
I don't think we have a smoke detector in the basement area but it does sound like that. When we get closer it sounds like it might be from where the propane is. We shut the propane off thinking there might be an alarm warning to let you know that the propane is low. That wasn't the problem either. Hydraulic area maybe? We have had the Big Sky for only a month and are still going thru the paper work, maybe that might tell us something.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:30 AM   #4
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Get yourself a piece of rubber hose and use it like a stethoscope. You can pinpoint the source of the sound easier. Good luck.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:56 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Somewhere inside your rig is a propane detector and it will be close to the floor. It might sound like it's coming from the basement? Ours is in the crook of the 3400's peninsula. This is a long shot but...
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:47 AM   #6
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
We found the beep, beep. We have the automatic leveling system and that is where the noise was coming from. When we looked at the panel there was an error message, probably from the low battery. Never thought of looking in there.

We did call Keystone and they did not know where the noise was coming from. They did recommend bringing it to a dealer and it would be covered. I think I will call them back and let them know in case someone else has this problem. Our Big Sky did not have a Lippert Manual in it, so we printed the one out on their website for our reference.

Thanks to all for trying to help us out. Hope to meet some of you great people at the rally in September.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:53 AM   #7
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mainer

We found the beep, beep. We have the automatic leveling system and that is where the noise was coming from. When we looked at the panel there was an error message, probably from the low battery. Never thought of looking in there.

We did call Keystone and they did not know where the noise was coming from. They did recommend bringing it to a dealer and it would be covered. I think I will call them back and let them know in case someone else has this problem. Our Big Sky did not have a Lippert Manual in it, so we printed the one out on their website for our reference.

Thanks to all for trying to help us out. Hope to meet some of you great people at the rally in September.
Glad to hear you were able to find the source of your unwelcome beep! Good for you in passing the solution on to Keystone. Since many suppliers provide "things" which are included in our Montanas, it is not a big surprise that they (Keystone) would not have the answer to each issue we might discover.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:17 PM   #8
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Jim and Marge,
Glad you found the beeping and thanks for sharing. Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:52 AM   #9
maximo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11371
Had the same thing happen to me. We received our Big Sky in May and it also did not have one piece of paper or instructions on the Lippert 6 point leveling system in it.

Frank
maximo is offline   Reply With Quote