Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Campsite
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Bryce Canyon, UT

Does anyone have a recommendation for a nice RV park close to Bryce? We found one called Ruby RV park or something like that but it looks REALLY big and I don't like to stay in those real busy ones if I can avoid it.

Haven't been around the MOC in quite sometime but don't let me down, help me out here.

Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Mac,
Ruby's is THE park in that area. They own just about everything in that area. It is a large park but it is spread out amongst the trees in the forest. We liked it and would stay there again. You are not right on top of each other. There are a couple of Federal type CGs in the area but they do not have any services whereas Ruby's is a FHU type park. There is at least one or more commercial parks in the little town about 10 or 12 miles before you get to the park. Good luck. Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
camper4
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6635
I agree with HamRad on Ruby's. Make sure you find time to see Red Canyon, in that area too.
camper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HamRad

Mac,
Ruby's is THE park in that area. They own just about everything in that area. It is a large park but it is spread out amongst the trees in the forest. We liked it and would stay there again. You are not right on top of each other. There are a couple of Federal type CGs in the area but they do not have any services whereas Ruby's is a FHU type park. There is at least one or more commercial parks in the little town about 10 or 12 miles before you get to the park. Good luck. Dennis
Also,Ruby's is real close to the entrance of the park and they'll give you a real nice tour of the Canyon,free!
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
We stayed at Bryce Canyon KOA down in the Bryce Valley about 12 miles away. They put us in a very dirty/dusty spot as were all the spots on their hillside. The bottom spots looked ok. They were very nice and helpful, but if we go back we will stay up at Ruby's.
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #6
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
We just stayed at Kodachrome Basin SP, about 20 miles away. Awesome park, very quiet, great facilities. They only have 5 sites with full hook ups, all the rest are no hook ups at all. No cell service, no wifi, no TV without a satellite...man, we loved it! We did have one of the 5 FHU sites, which you need with the heat. Good luck.
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:31 AM   #7
camper4
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6635
We stayed at Kodachrome for a week one year. It is great for all the reasons you mentioned. We loved it!
camper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:39 AM   #8
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
When we went to Bryce we stayed at Ruby's campground too. As others have said that is the closest campground to Bryce. The sites are very nice and you are not on top of each other. If you don't want to drive to Bryce there is a free shuttle stop right outside the campground to take you to Bryce.

I would stay there again and the Red Canyon is pretty awesome too. Have a wonderful time at Bryce, I can't wait to get back there again.
mainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:14 AM   #9
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Ruby's has our vote too, nice campground, store close by, restaurant, and right at the gate to Bryce which is just gorgeous.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:10 AM   #10
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Mac, we have the same feeling about BIG campgrounds. We stayed at a small, rather rustic camp: Bryce Canyon Pines Store and RV Park. We were in 2955 Montana when we stayed there. It would certainly not be the choice for many people, but it was good for us.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:54 AM   #11
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Rubys!! Pricy and worth it

We stayed 7 nights, wanted a bit more time, moved down the street, to I think the park that DWPadre is speaking of, TROUBLE, major TROUBLE with the electric at that park. (Believe they have added or tried to add more sites to this park in the last few years, so may be different than when David and Shirley were there.)

We had so little power that when the temps dropped below 40 there was basically NO power. We had to turn off everything, except that most of it was already off. NOTHING would run, microwave, heater, monitor for the computer, were afraid to run the furnace. The power was so low we were afraid to even try to run things, bad, bad, bad. They were not getting the power from their provider. We left. It was cold and they were expecting a heavy rain/snow event.

Ruby's was pretty quiet while we were there (1st to 2nd week time frame, May 2011). And, they had GOOD power.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #12
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
We stayed at Ruby's on our first big trip in 2007. We arrived a day early--my error--and they had us dry camp for one night until our spot was open. Only problem was the temp went to 25 with about 30 mph of wind. Well--I only had one battery--the heater shut down around 3AM--by 7AM--the temp inside was 40! Being a newbie I did not want to move the RV with the slide outs --OUT. With a dead battery the truck battery would not run the slide outs. Again--as a newbie--I did not have any jumper cables.
So, I walked over to the Ruby's service station, and asked to buy jumper cables. They did not have any for sale. BUT--the owner said--wait a minute--he got his best jumper cables out of his service truck and handed them to me. Just return them when you get things running! NO questions, no deposit--just acting like he has known me for 30 years! Well, I got thing going on the Monty and I quickly returned the jumper cables.
SO--Ruby's is TOPS in my book. Also had a great breakfast in the lodge! Along with great location! I also have a second battery with jumper cables.
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote