Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
alcolemanau
Established Member

M.O.C. #12040
Battery Switch Function

Today when closing up my Montana 3625RE I noticed the front flood light was on. The switch was off and the battery switch was off. What is the function of the battery switch? I assumed that it disconnected battery power. Why would the flood light be on? Do I have an electrical problem or can it be explained?

alcolemanau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Most likely the light was turned on with the remote either on purpose or when you had it in your pocket. Once it's turned on that way it can only be turned off with the remote.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
alcolemanau
Established Member

M.O.C. #12040
Thanks, I bet that is it because I had the remote in my pocket for most of the afternoon. Why didn't it turn off when the battery switch was turned off?
alcolemanau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
The battery switch kills power from the battery to the 12VDC fuse panel. The Remote is wired directly off the battery and that light is controlled by the remote system so it is powered unless a battery lead is lifted to disconnect completely.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #5
Nu5r
Established Member

M.O.C. #11980
Good info to know John...thanks as I'm a 'new' Montana owner with limited 5r experience having been in motorhomes before. I would have thought that turning the battery switch to off would have eliminated 'all' 12volts to the trailer. Nice to know, thanks again!

Ray
Nu5r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
Leaseit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5356
Quote:
quote:The battery switch kills power from the battery to the 12VDC fuse panel. The Remote is wired directly off the battery and that light is controlled by the remote system so it is powered unless a battery lead is lifted to disconnect completely
To expand on this, the Remote power going to the scare light is feed to the light side (switched) of the Scare light switch. This give the potential problem as follows.
If the scare light was turned on using the Remote and the inside scare light switch is on, then you disconnect via the Battery switch, the Remote feed to the scare light backfeeds though the switch to the DC power panel and will try to feed anything else you may have left on.
If you use the Battery Disconnect switch, make sure the Scare light switch is "off" and double check to make sure the scare light is "off" via the Remote key bob.

Randy
Leaseit is offline   Reply With Quote