Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2010, 03:24 AM   #1
WaltandLynne
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10151
Wallpaper Border

I am interested in changing the wallpaper border that is in our Montana. I know others have done it and I would like some advice. I have been searching for my options and have found one or two patterns that interest me. Now, I need to know if there are any special considerations for attaching a new border on top of the original one. I assume you would need to paint sizing on top of the old border first for better adhesion. The new border is prepasted but I would probably use some wallpaper paste anyway. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Lynne

WaltandLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:42 AM   #2
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Our border was coming off above the toilet in our 08. The fix was to heat it up with a heat gun and it stuck back down and we never had another problem with it.
This leads me to believe that the factory uses a glue backed border. I am not sure if using the regular wallpaper paste works or not.
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
Briarglenn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6613
I peeled off the border in the living area and there was a sticky residue, so put the new border right on top of that. In the kitchen and bathroom area I used prepasted border and put right over the existing border. Worked great! Has been 4 years now and no problems. It made our 3400RL feel more like a home.

Cookie of Briarglenn
Briarglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #4
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
We replaced our border and I pulled the old stuff off and then used glue b gone to get rid of the glue. I then used vinyl sizing on the wall and our new border was prepasted but I used wallpaper paste also. The Lr area has been on for 9 yrs and the bathroom we just redone. Only because we were changing the decor in the bath. Hope this helps.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:36 PM   #5
WaltandLynne
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10151
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jsmitfl

We replaced our border and I pulled the old stuff off and then used glue b gone to get rid of the glue. I then used vinyl sizing on the wall and our new border was prepasted but I used wallpaper paste also. The Lr area has been on for 9 yrs and the bathroom we just redone. Only because we were changing the decor in the bath. Hope this helps.
Why did you take the old border off before putting up the new one? I was hoping that I could attach one on top of the other.
Lynne
WaltandLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:41 PM   #6
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
The stuff we put on was not quit as wide as the factory stuff. I see no reason you can't go over the top of whats there.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote