Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
Goodrving
Established Member

M.O.C. #9092
no water from hot water faucets

This just happen a couple hrs ago. I have good water pressure from cold water faucets in kitchen and bathroom but just a very very tiny strean coming from the hot water faucets both in kitchen and bathroom. Seems the line is stopped up with something. I turn on the hot water tank drain and it seems to have good pressure coming from it. Any suggestions on what and where to check next?
ThanksJim

Goodrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
There is a check valve in the back of the hot water heater that has probably gone bad. Easy to replace....you can get replacements at hardware or RV stores.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:44 PM   #3
CmdrDewey
Montana Master

M.O.C. #433
Steves is correct but--if you have a single handle faucet in the kitchen, turn it on full force on the cold side and then move it slowly toward the hot. On mine that works every time. Of course the real fix is to replace the check valve
CmdrDewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:34 AM   #4
Goodrving
Established Member

M.O.C. #9092
Thanks fellows, but I went to Ace hardware and got a check valve but it doesnt look like anything in the line that goes into the cold side of WH, Is the valve a brass straight piece thats screws into the cold side of the WH? There must be a difference in one for a house and an RV? thanks
Jim
Goodrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:04 AM   #5
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
If I remember correctly, it's been a couple of years since I replaced one on my previous Montana, You have to get to the hot water line coming out of the HW heater from inside the coach. The piece that screws into the HW heater for the hot water out feed (I think it's the top line and it could be plastic or brass) is the check valve. Make sure you see which end is the male / female that you need to connect into the HW heater to work correctly.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:11 AM   #6
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
I had a similar problem about a year ago, did all the above fixes and it did not work, was disgusted and decided to take a shower, cold or not. Found that the shower head was off at the slide switch on the head and the water, hot and cold was both on. Long story short, water was taking the path of lease resistance and was bypassing the hot water heater. turned off the shower valves and the water flow returned to normal, right after several hours of needless work and $$$ on needless parts. I did bless the shower with several colorful words.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Same as Steves, ours is screwed right into the water heater at the inlet. I got a replacement at our rv dealer. Any rv dealer should have them. I didn't look at Ace or other home type hardware store.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote