Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2008, 03:50 PM   #1
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
Octoberfest!!!

I am hoping to go to Fredericksburg Texas for Oktoberfest. I am looking forward to going as the last Oktoberfest I went to was in Bremerhaven in North West Germany. What a great celebration. Anyway I am looking for a good RV park Cab close to town so I can enjoy myself without worrying about driving. Besides Oktoberfest what other attractions are worth seeing?

trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:18 PM   #2
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Rick
There is a KOA on US290 about five miles east of town near the community of Stonewall. Have not stayed there. This one is about three miles south of town on Tx16......Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park. Stayed there several years back and it's OK.
http://www.fbgtx.org/other/rvpark.htm

There are more, I can't remember where all. You might do a search in Google to find others. Where ever you decide to stay I recommend reservations. Oktoberfest is a big party and lots of folks filter into Fredricksburg for the event.

Looking to get up with you one of these days as we're only 25 miles away. Things have settled down since the move up here so have most anytime free.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:40 AM   #3
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Rick, we usually stay at the KOA which Charlie mentioned. It is out from town about five miles as he said, but we prefer it to the ones closer in.

We stayed once in the Oakwood RV park and did not like it as well as the KOA. The sites were a bit crowded and over all a bit run down.

Our friends, Adelmoll and Bill, stayed at the Fredericksburg RV Park in town and it seemed to be fine. We just prefer the KOA.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:39 AM   #4
tjuhl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7213
We've stayed at the Fredericksburg RV Park right in town, about 100 spaces, all pull throughs, cable and very clean and handy to everything. Drove through the KOA and did not think it was as nice.
tjuhl is offline   Reply With Quote