Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2010, 02:49 PM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
A & A Tire - Kerrville, TX

We had a tire problem on our SOB. Between our storage area and house, when we wanted to load up to come to the Rally, the inside street side dual was apparently flat. This was noticed as I checked the tires before the trip to the rally here in Kerrville, TX. One of the rules of thumb when a dually tire goes flat, and the other dually tire takes all the load, especially in my 27,000 pound dry wait SOB, an inspection should be made by a professional service.

We called ahead here to A & A Tire on Junction Highway, about 2 miles from the Guadalupe River RV Resort and they said to bring it in.

We did, and the pulled both tires off the rear and inspected them. They saw no problems with the tires, and I'm happy since they are about $450 each, Michelin 22.5 inch XRV's. While they were doing that I asked if they would put on a pair of straight extensions.

When it was all over, I paid $10.35 for the valve extensions. No other charges. Total time spent was about 45 minutes.

That is service.

So, before you leave the rally, check your tires, and if you need any fixing or replacing, check out A & A Tire. If you need a special tire they can get it overnight.

Happy trails.

They have 24 hour service and road service.

A & A Tire Service, Inc.
2934 Junction Hwy., Kerrville, Texas 78028
Office 830 367 4640
#9658;Toll Free (TX only) 800 341 0409
#9658;Fax 830 367 4929

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Wayne, Did that include fixing the flat or was it just empty?????
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:20 AM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Phil,
The flat was noticed by me in my driveway. It was fixed by a tire service person dispatched by Progressive. The cost was just for the pair of valve extensions.

It is no easy task for a layman to pull those 22.5 inch tires off. I think there were 12 lug nuts. If you don't have the proper tools, and in my case, the strength (Oh I wish I was strong again) it is quite a chore.

As I was standing there and he had just finished putting the duals back on, another tireman came out and said, "You have a service call." When I pulled into the CG the tireman (#1) was leaving.

Good service.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote