Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2009, 04:12 AM   #1
bikefever
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9158
Black Water Tank and Valve

I brought my 6 month old Model 3455 in for service, where my complaint was that the black water valve can not be pushed in all the way and believed that the valve remained partially opened, leaking black water causing solids build up in the tank.

This is what I was told by a service manager. "You had lots of s--- and paper in their, there was a tampon looking thing that kept the valve partially opened"

I find this hard to believe since from day one after the new RV was delivered the valve was not able to be shut off or pushed flush with the housing. The Grey Water valve worked fine.

The second issue now is how to remove the solids built up in the tank? The service folks tell me that there is lots of solids. The RV will be in storage until March 1st when we will be able to set it up and take care of the waste, of course assuming that the valve is repaired and the tank can hold water so to speak.

Thirdly, the service folks said that Keystone will not pick up the repair under warranty. What have other folks experienced with this type of repair. I do not trust the service guy - 1st having fixed the valve issue; 2nd getting rid of solid waste build up; 3rd using the excuse of something stuck in the valve and not having Keystone pick up the tab.

The service was being done in Hurricane Utah near St. George. Does anyone know of good service folks there?

Thanks for your help.

bikefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
Army Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5508
If your going to have it in storage for a period of time, you might consider putting water along with chemical and let sit. This may help with the solid build up and let the chem do it's job. You will have to check after a period of time and flush. Good luck there.
Army Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:12 AM   #3
Phyllen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9165
We had a similar problem with our new 3455. We had made arrangements to take it for servicing. However, before we did I filled the tank with water and flushed it about 10 times, working the valve. It cleaned itself. The valve now goes in correctly and we have no more problem with leaking. I would deal directly with Keystone if the dealer says they will not warrant it.

Leonard
Phyllen is offline   Reply With Quote