Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
What A Day - Especially Parking Hanna

Edited: Yesterday 8/4/08

Wow! With Edoardo coming in and making a decision to stay and weather the storm, I spent a few hours putting up the storm shutters in 94+ degree heat. Talk about loosing some weight fast, I must have poured out about 2 gallons of fluid, but I did take in about 3!!

After all said and done with the shutters up, it was time to take Hanna back to her stable (Storage). No problemo!

I pulled into the storage site and the area between the storage sections is twice the distance of th street in front of my house.

Now let me tell you that I have parked Hanna there over a dozen times and never had a problem. I have backed into CG sites and never had a problem. I have backed trailer, both goose neck and TT into several "Turn-Around" sites with no problem.

What seemed to me to be an eternity, I was still trying to get hanna into her spot #28. On the street side was an Endeavor 40' MH, on the curb side there is a large girder support post. DW is the spotter, and she is pretty good at it.

I must have pulled forward to start over more than a dozen times. To this minute in time I cannot tell you what the problem was, but the post got to close at times, and the MH was a big factor. The space is at least 12 feet, so there is plenty of room on both sides.

I finally pointed to a spot on the ground and told DW to let me know when my trailer back wheel was just past that spot. She didn't think I would make it, but I jacknifed it in and once in there I was able to pull out, take the stress off the wheels and straighten Hanna out so she looked presentable to her neighbors.

Lord, I hope I never ever have to go through that again.

On the lighter side, I was sitting in the air conditioning and DW was ringing wet for a change.

I can imagine what paybacks are going to be like.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:18 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Look on the bright side Wayne, it could have been at a campground with a bunch of know it all parking experts gawking, pointing and offering tips on the proper way to back your rig!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:41 AM   #3
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Been there, done that, have the tee shirt. Somedays it just doesn't work right. Maybe you said to many bad words and someone was getting back at you.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:03 AM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Miya, our dog, had her ears turning red. Only being 16 months old, she should not be subjected to such verbiage!

Actually, I was pretty calm, but entirely frustrated.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:32 AM   #5
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Next time will be a breeze!
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:55 AM   #6
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Wayne,

It's like setting up the satellite dish, sometimes you just set the darned thing up and it works without adjusting, and sometimes it takes hours.

Tomorrow can be a better day.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote