Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2017, 08:08 PM   #1
Melannie239
Established Member

M.O.C. #16067
Exclamation Desperate for warranty AC help!!!

Is there a Keystone or Dometic rep on here? On the FB pages there is a member who has been unable to register here, has a new Monty & they are dire straits right now with a non-functioning AC. They cannot get anyone from Keystone or Dometic to call them back to get them some warranty work & are full-timing right now. They are out west with temps in the 90-100 deg. range. If someone could please let me know so I can hook you up with them!! TIA!

Melannie239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:34 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Keystone closed today at noon and will be doing inventory for the next two weeks so a dealer would be the logical place to start. The reason I know is that I have a minor warranty issue and ran into that problem this afternoon. You should also have them call this number, not sure how the holiday will affect things:
1-800-544-4881
Support for Dometic products.
For RV products.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:02 PM   #3
Melannie239
Established Member

M.O.C. #16067
Thank you - I will pass that on to them!
Old 07-01-2017, 04:26 AM   #4
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
You what to contact Dometic
techservice@dometicusa.com
1 800 216 5115
You will get a response
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:51 AM   #5
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeiss View Post
You what to contact Dometic
techservice@dometicusa.com
1 800 216 5115
You will get a response

Email them with Model and Serial they will give you a list of Dometic AC Service Centers in your area supply them with Your ZiP Code.as well.This is the place to start!
Old 07-01-2017, 08:54 PM   #6
Melannie239
Established Member

M.O.C. #16067
I have given her this info as we have had a similar problem. But I think her biggest issue right now is it's a holiday weekend. She had been talking to a CSR from Keystone Thursday, left 3 msgs for him yesterday & he never returned her call. Now they are closed for the weekend & possibly 2 wks. She found a mobile repair that could do the work but without an authorization from Keystone it's $1800, no reimbursement & it will void their warranty. Not a good statement from Keystone to a new customer who has spent over $80k on a unit less than 6 months ago.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:05 PM   #7
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
If that's where it stands after everything was tried, I'd have it fixed and work it out with Keystone and Dometic later. Dometic built the AC and it's their warranty that will have to step up and cover it. But be sure and document everything.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:09 PM   #8
Melannie239
Established Member

M.O.C. #16067
They ended up purchasing a portable AC unit to use until they can get this resolved...$200 vs $1800. I understand the whole holiday weekend problem (isn't that always the way for a failure like this?) but when the Keystone rep knew 1. it's warranty work, 2. they are staying in it for a long period of time & 3. a holiday weekend is quickly approaching I just think kicking the can down the road, per se, is terrible thing to do to a customer & just solidifies the multiple complaints that Keystone doesn't care after they get your money. >
Old 07-03-2017, 02:56 PM   #9
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
We had our front unit fail while still under the 12 month Keystone warranty period, and CW of Boise went directly to Dometic to process the claim. The warranty period on their air conditioners is two years.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 03:07 PM   #10
Melannie239
Established Member

M.O.C. #16067
We had 2 fail ourselves within the warranty period & I sent a nasty gram to Dometic about it. They gave us an extended 3 yrs on it & a week after it went into effect the 3rd one failed. We're in FL so I totally feel for anyone that has had a problem with A/C's, particularly when it's hot! She said that the 3 closest CW are all out of state & have really expressed no interest in helping them, telling them the best bet is go directly to a Keystone dealer. The problem with dealers is their service depts. are so backlogged right now unless they purchased it there they go to the back of the line for service. The dealer they bought it from is 2 months backlogged in service work so they are useless as well. All these places have told them to use a Mobile RV but they can't reach anyone at Keystone to get an authorization to do the replacement. So she is currently waiting to hear back from somebody, anybody at Dometic. I personally think she'll hear back from Dometic quicker than Keystone.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:22 PM   #11
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Dometic is the correct route to Go. Do you know if this Unit is a Brisk Air II ?

I suppled a Dometic Tech Service Email above ,supply them Model Serial no in and out bound temps. You will get a reply when they back open for business on Wednesday
Again if they are Brisk Air II units they have some difective Evaporator Coils out their.
No need to get Keystone involved Just Dometic and an autherized service center that does mobile service
Old 07-03-2017, 07:14 PM   #12
Melannie239
Established Member

M.O.C. #16067
To be honest I don't know which unit they have. I know that ours was a Breeze & after our 3rd failure they put a Blizzard in it in hopes that would stop our failures. But we have a 2014 HC & the Breeze was the standard model they put in them. Vicki has a 2017 40ft. Monty so I'm not sure what models are coming in those units. I will pass along to her what you said. Like I said earlier I think Dometic will get them cooled down faster than Keystone - thanks!!
Old 07-03-2017, 11:12 PM   #13
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melannie239 View Post
We had 2 fail ourselves within the warranty period & I sent a nasty gram to Dometic about it. They gave us an extended 3 yrs on it & a week after it went into effect the 3rd one failed. We're in FL so I totally feel for anyone that has had a problem with A/C's, particularly when it's hot! She said that the 3 closest CW are all out of state & have really expressed no interest in helping them, telling them the best bet is go directly to a Keystone dealer. The problem with dealers is their service depts. are so backlogged right now unless they purchased it there they go to the back of the line for service. The dealer they bought it from is 2 months backlogged in service work so they are useless as well. All these places have told them to use a Mobile RV but they can't reach anyone at Keystone to get an authorization to do the replacement. So she is currently waiting to hear back from somebody, anybody at Dometic. I personally think she'll hear back from Dometic quicker than Keystone.
Dometic, Atwood, Suburban, any and all ~ no matter Keystone, Forest River, or day 1 or 11 months just forget going to them and go direct to the manufacturer. Take it to their authorized dealer or authorized mobile but they will not pay the service call. I would not take my camper to the selling dealer for any appliance.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 07:53 AM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
After the one year Keystone warranty is up we have found by experience that the vendor is the place to go for problems. Check you warranty for the individual vendors as they vary . Extended warranties in general do not cover Mobil tech service calls .

The vendors may still ask you to go through your dealer or A dealer to order as most vendors do not sell direct to consumers.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:18 PM   #15
Melannie239
Established Member

M.O.C. #16067
We've been fortunate I guess as we've been able to deal with our AC problems after getting back home. We've been able to get an appt. with the dealer to drop it off when it was convenient for us & they diagnose & get the ball rolling quickly. The longest part is waiting for a new unit to arrive but once it does they get it in & ready to pick up within a day or 2. We have are now under the extended warranty thru the dealer (other than the AC) so we will still have to deal with them for that. But non-warranty things my husband is able to take care of. But this kind of stuff that these people are dealing with make me glad we are only vacation users. :/